Episode 9 : The vault and The egg ; 4

"How is that humanly possible?" There was a cluster of murmurs as the crowd kept trying to believe the sight in front of them. It made sense since it's not every day someone literally makes a whole mountain shake even if it was only a little.

Torren stepped forward caressing the white veins on the black rock coursing mana into them turning them orange briefly. "How much of the mountain would you say you corrupted Incursik?"

She turned to me with her face full of disbelief and fascination with my deed. "I'd say at least half maybe? I can't say for certain."

This was a lie. I knew perfectly well I managed to corrupt the entire thing but didn't want Torren or anyone else passing out from shock. "Anyways I'm quite tired now and need rest. So I'll be in the carriage recovering." I then walked through the crowd of miners accompanied by Torren and her Butler who were trying to get me to give a more accurate statement.

An hour later an animakin man came by who looked to be the supervisor of the place and told the female dwarf about the mountain.

I could tell she was extremely happy from the news with how she started downing another bottle of wine immediately though her butler tried to stop her. "Incursik ma demon you did it! Wintry! Take us to the estate immediately! I'm taking him to the vault now!" The butler quickly got onto the carriage taking us back into the city.

"You were like some physical force of nature as you did that Incursik! The pressure you gave off was comparable to a dragon!" Torren kept giving me compliments like this as we traveled through the city as the weird humming returned though a little more inconspicuously this time not drawing much attention but still aggravating. But I paid it and Torren no mind as Lupra seemed to have gone quiet for a while. Lupra you okay? You've barely said a word lately.

'I'm fine papa just sleeping.' She then gave a telepathic yawn which I lightly laughed at. Alright sorry to disturb you.

We then arrived at her massive mansion but had no time to admire it as she quickly ran inside dragging me along by my arm across an elegantly patterned brown tiled floor only stopping when we came across a large metal safe door that looked to be the size of an entire house barely fitting into the already wide hallway.

"Welcome to the Halted Armoires vault! Where all the treasures of the smith guilds past leaders are held!"

She then underwent a complex opening process to the vault that took well over ten minutes of waiting, as if it was some sort of secret spy entrance as the codes to get in got more complex and longer to do.

Then at last a small door slid into the earth from the center of the vault opening a short passageway inside. "Into Pandora's vault we go."

"Huh?" Torren looked at me confused after I said this. Realizing that concept doesn't exist here I tried to play it off "it's nothing don't worry. I like to say some random things." Her stare was dubious but didn't push "...alright."

As we entered I was surprised by just how normal-looking the inside was despite its warehouse size, there were just wooden shelves with various assortments of stranger items, crystals, weapons, and beast parts.

I walked up to one shelf and picked up a glass jar with a green liquid holding a floating white ball, I pulled it closer to get a look as it then turned itself revealing a red and gold eye staring back at me still alive.

I jumped slightly which Torren saw, she then grabbed it and put it back on the shelf in between two other items.

"That's a cursed eye of a grave reaver. Don't know why but one of the last leaders thought it would be clever to have a sword you could literally look out of."