Episode 8 : sunny vengeance ; 6

Cayde Barbaten POV:
"I must say Cayde you continue to amaze me with your erratic course of action" ulter complimented me as the two of us stood beside each other waiting for Perry to put on the last of his gear on the green field behind the courthouse as I coursed corruption through my body bringing it back to full health as I pretended to act as if I still needed the crutch. "Though I must ask. Just how are you able to walk right now?"

Thinking it would be easier to simply tell him rather than play hard to get I revealed my left arm from under my grey poncho with its silver veins coursing through my arm healing me amazing Ulter at the sight of it pulling my arm up to his eyes getting a closer look.

I got many scared and curious glares as people saw my arm but shrugged it off "I must say I've never seen anything like this. It's almost as if you are using something other than mana to do this."

I pulled my arm away giving a wry chuckle as he then got trapped in his speculations as I pushed him away waiting for the fight to start.

Shelia stepped forward and announced the beginning of the fight. "Incursik the battle demon are you ready?" I nodded and pulled out the plain gold coin I was flicking in the air earlier from my pocket

"marquee Fuden are you ready?" He stepped forward donning his metal staff with a large yellow stone at the top of it already prepping his attack which I smirked at, how noble.

"I shall now explain the rules! When this stick strikes the ground both parties will unleash a spell that is to knock over their opponent! If you kill your opponent you will be branded as a slave and forced to work in the mines for life!"

Fudens magic then began to disperse putting a sour expression on his face as he heard this to go along with Maarten's growing anger as he stared at his brother talking to Damian behind me.

"Does either party have anything else they wish to say?" I raised up my arm as if I was a child wanting to answer a question in school and Shelia obviously tired from my antics asked me what I wanted to say "Perry I was just wondering if you'd perhaps want to make this more interesting."

"Say what you want boy do not waste my time with your tricks."

Noticing his rage I proceeded "I propose a wager."

The crowd looked at me in anticipation of my next words "I will bet my horns for your son's arms. How's that sound?" Perry grew enraged as a slight sense of dread covered Maarten "your arrogance knows no bounds demon! That is not even a fair wager, to begin with."

"Really? I'd think the horns that are filled with a dragon's magic power would be equal to the flimsy arms of a brat who can barely pick up his own rifle without magic."

The crowd sniggered at my insult, Maarten called out to his father to tear me apart but instead of getting lost in his rage, he did exactly what I wanted "how about a fairer deal then. I will bet my title as a marquee against your horns in place of my son's arms! If yo-"

I cut him off from finishing "sounds good to me." He looked at me ghastly about my quick response slowly realizing he fell for my trap.

But before he could speak Shelia interrupted "now that both parties have agreed to the wager we shall get the duel underway!"

We both got to our positions roughly 100 meters apart getting ready to fire off our spells but as I looked into Perry's eyes I could tell he had grown to hate me greatly in our short exchange of words "duelists ready?"

I poured attrium and mana into my fingertips holding the gold coin ready to shoot it at him as he poured massive amounts of mana into his spear.

"Loose!"