Episode 13 : family party ; 6

Cayde Barbaten POV:
During the few days before my birthday, I did some research on Goldwheat academy to discover that the boarding fee there is 500 gold a month, which is equal to £500,000. I almost passed out since I only had 1.5 million numa in my cards and would be able to afford only three months. I questioned why Gill is going to pay that for Damian when he actually goes there in three months' time but he simply responded by saying "it's not good leaving money goes unspent."

I can agree with that but I've always been a hoarder with my money and he's a rich noble. I only spend when I need to. I then did some more research to learn there are houses available to rent or buy that are far cheaper only having to pay 5 silver a month which is £500.

I then finally left my room after a few days of research looking for a good house, close to the school. "Look who finally came out of their pit." I looked to my father with a drained expression which off put him "you... okay?"

"Just fine. Just counting my expenses is all." He then picked me up over his shoulder forcing me to come with him "help! Kidnapping!"

"Stop being so dramatic, we're late so we need to hurry up!"

"Late? Late for what?"

"You'll see once we get there!" Allan continued to run down the corridor heading somewhere, what could be so important that he's forcing me to come? There's nothing special about today except the fact it's the anniversary of Dendra's death.

As I continued to ponder what it could be the then crashed open a doorway leading into the garden and took me off his shoulder to face a group of people, party poppers then blasted in my face "happy birthday Cayden!" The crowd was of my family, Nallos family, and all the members of the old thief crew finally reunited. The three beasts were hidden in a corner silently watching everything go down.

Overcome with emotion my mana rampaged for a few seconds flashing my eyes silver making it seem as if life had returned to them as a tear fell down my eye. My mother then stepped forward happy to see the life in my eyes even if it was brief but concerned about the tear "Cayde? Is this not to your liking? I'm sorry it was all my idea!"

I didn't know how to react but I smiled at my mother's concern and wiped away the tear. "It's fine. I'm just happy that I'm loved by so many people." I then hugged her as she was crouching down to me and everyone celebrated again.

I let go of my mother and was tackled by a girl wearing tight clothes with navy blue hair and yellow eyes "I'm so happy I can see you again after so long Cayde!" "Big sis Alfa?" I could feel her crying onto my shoulder so I patted her back as I let her dry her tears.

She then stood up with a few sniffles and joined the others who I hadn't seen in so long. "Seems like only Gunthers the one to change." They all looked the same as I remembered 7 years ago. Yuri still had her long hair hiding her elf ears, Theo was still a towering giant while Gunther still had his white hair and ferret ears but he now wore glasses.

"I-um, well, yeah it's because no one told me you were going to be here squirt!" Gunther then put me in a headlock and gave me a short rub on the head before letting me go. Theo then stepped forward with a self-loathing look "you been okay kiddo?" Seeing he was wary of getting close to me I hugged him easing him "I am thanks to you. I'm not sure what I'd be like if you hadn't thrown me into that tree but I'm glad you did."

"You threw him into a tree!?" Yuri then pulled me out of my hug with Theo looking at him angrily who was surprised "I-I didn't know I threw him into a tree! He's fine though right? He's right in front of us now isn't he?" She raised her hand to strike him but he ran away and Yuri chased after.

Denny then stepped forward using Gunther as an armrest "here's my birthday present Cayde." He handed me a book called a thief's blade "isn't this uncle Gunthers book he was writing?" Gunther then blushed and tried to claw a wheezing Denny who dodged then ran away leaving me alone with Alfa.

The ashes before StrifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara