Episode 20 : Elven princess 1 ; 4

Cayden Barbaten POV:

"What do you mean I'm not allowed to leave?"

I was currently facing off against several knights and the elven queen who were obstructing the portal out, on the morning before Alma's party.

My arms were crossed and i had no real reason to be here anymore since my presence is unwanted by everyone. Excluding Damien though. He's been practically begging me to come save him from his meals with Alma.

I was watching them from the roof every night but the atmosphere from their meals was so tense that i couldn't even have a snack as i watched.

"Its as i said. The portal is under repair and cant be used currently."

"Then ill fix it myself free of charge, right now."

The queen kept trying to drag on this facade for an hour now and I was losing my final thread of patience.

"Even if you are highly skilled in ancient rune theory, practical application is very different little boy." The queens voice was also angry about this.

I would of left last night but the amount of guards made it impossible so i just reconnected with Incursik when he returned from eating the venerable protector and taking his divinity.

"I know its bad for face considering I'm leaving on your daughters birthday but could you cut me some slack?"

"You will address her highness with courtesy!" The knight that spoke out was immediately stuck in place as my corruption covered him.

"I'm not in the mood for games."

The queen and the four other knights were unshaken despite how easy it was for me to immobilize one of them. Though it was obvious they were slightly surprised from their eyes.

"Neither am i. Its too dangerous to use the portal. Turn around and wait till the party is over then return." The queens voice was still calm and not an ounce of disrespect could be heard "please just have patience and i wont share your little secret."

Things would be so easy if they couldn't blackmail me by revealing i was a demon. Ive taken measures to make it seem i was adopted in case the secret had ever gotten out so i wasn't that worried for my family but the audacity of this bitch was making it difficult to restrain myself.

"Things would be a lot easier if i didn't have a family Queen Inayarus."

Hiding my emotions i faced away from them walking away. With a snap of my fingers the knight was released and i went back to the castle. On the other side of the door back in was Chris and Isaac waiting for me

"I'm not in the mood." Not bothering to enter i turned right and walked into the forest of bushes surrounding the castle.

Chris immediately ran after me pulling back at the end of my coat "whats wrong with you! Grandpa said you would read with me again!" Pulling on the back of my coat the young prince fell forward face first onto the floor.

Spitting out dirt he exclaimed angrily "whats wrong with you!? Two days ago you were indifferent and welcoming yet now your just indifferent!"

"Haven't you read the stories?" Turning around i looked threateningly down at the prince as he stood up "demons don't talk well when they're pissed off."

Chris shivered at my cold expression and hid behind his grandpa who held a strong look of disapproval.

Realizing i went too far i turned around without a word just wanting some peace and quiet.

"Your a petty stupid face!" Chris's brave voice rang out but i kept walking.

Reaching an untouched area with uncut bushes and long grass i slapped my hand in my face "damnit. Why am i so on edge about everything." My mind has been slowly getting murky with rage ever since i took back Incursik. Normally I'd at least try sweet talking before threatening.