五十四

__

__

It had been obvious, but Hongjoong was too caught up in his own thoughts to see their relationship for what it was.

It was so clear now.

He had everything he wanted, title or not.

And then it struck Hongjoong that it was exactly like three years ago - they never put a name to what they had but it was something special.

Even afterwards Hongjoong didn't put a name to it, always thought of Seonghwa as an ex - almost.

He chastised himself for being so dense.

Hongjoong snapped himself out of his revelation to catch up to San.

How come everyone always knew before he did?

Mingi and Yunho rejoined the group, a little sweaty and out of breath, and each took a glass from the tray San set down on the table.

The two black X's on the back of Yunho's hands were completely ignored.

Hongjoong sat down next to Seonghwa who welcomed him back with a warm smile and picked up two of the glasses, one for himself and the other to hand over to Seonghwa.

It was cold to the touch, a stark contrast to how Hongjoong could feel his body heating up over the thought of what he wanted to say to Seonghwa.

But that had to be saved for later, for now they were enjoying the night and the end of their school year.

San raised his glass, "To Wooyoung for graduating."

"To Wooyoung," the rest of them said loudly.

Wooyoung smiled as everyone cheered to him in congratulations and knocked back the alcohol.

It burned on the way down and lit a fire under them all.

__

From there the night passed in a blur.

Hongjoong remembered shots and dancing with Seonghwa, his hands glued to Seonghwa's hips.

His head was swimming from the alcohol but all Hongjoong could think of was Seonghwa.

The way he smirked as he pulled Hongjoong out onto the dance floor, how he moved and rolled his his body against Hongjoong and the exciting realization that he would more than likely wake up next to Seonghwa in the morning.