四十三

__

__

Even with their playful jabs Seonghwa still looked somber.

Whatever it was that he didn't want to talk about seemed to really be bothering him.

With his coffee mug in one hand Hongjoong picked Seonghwa's plate up with the other.

Seonghwa looked up at him with a puzzled face.

"Come on," Hongjoong said and made his way over to the couch.

He set his mug down on the coffee table and motioned for Seonghwa to sit.

When he did so Hongjoong grabbed the soft throw blanket from the back of the couch and draped half of it over Seonghwa's legs and handed the plate back to him.

Hongjoong sat down next to him underneath the blanket, a small space between them that Miso immediately declared as her own.

He picked his mug up off the coffee table and took another sip from it.

He leaned back and found that Seonghwa was staring at him.

"What? I cook for you because you tell me you're starving and now you're not going to eat?" Hongjoong said.

Seonghwa shook his head with a small smile playing at his lips, "Thank you."

"Now eat," Hongjoong ordered.

He turned the volume up on the TV and the two fell into a silence.

From underneath the sleeve of the t-shirt Seonghwa was wearing Hongjoong could see the bottom of his tattoo poking out.

It looked like it had healed nicely and the color seemed to have stayed vibrant even through the itching and flaking stage of healing.

For a second Hongjoong found himself reaching out to run his fingers over the soft skin before he caught himself.

Hongjoong tried to brush it off, make it appear like that wasn't exactly what he was about to do, and gently pet Miso.

She chirruped happily at him.

He felt her begin to purr, the vibrations familiar under his palm.

"She's so big now. The last time I saw her she was still a kitten," Seonghwa cooed, "But she's still so adorable."