十三

__

__

The sky was a bleak shade of gray, clouds passed overhead, blocking out the sun.

The wind only made the chill worse as it sent a shiver down Hongjoong's spine.

As loathsome as the summer months and heat could be, he despised cold weather the most. It made something in his bones ache and it was always so dull.

The only good to come from the cold months was snow. But only the first snowfall. When it fell while it was still early in the morning, the entire world quiet and at peace.

It was like a blanket, luring everything back to sleep in it's beauty. As soon as the sun would rise that moment would be broken and lost until the next year's first snow.

Hongjoong looked up at the sky. It would be his last few months in Damyang - it would be everyone's last few months here.

Soon enough they were all going to be moving on to university, getting a kick start on the rest of their lives away from this small town and the little it had to offer them.

Hongjoong, despite what one may say about him, knew the worth of his friends was more than they could ever give themselves credit for.

Their talent, ambition, dedication and hard work showed in what they loved most and Hongjoong knew that it would take them far.

He knew they were going to do great things and that the universe would allow them to take that journey together.

__

It was only a moment after he knocked on the Park's door that Seonghwa's brother, Hyunwoo, opened it.

"Hyung!" He greeted with a smile that was nearly identical to Seonghwa's. Hongjoong noticed that they both had full cheeks that just made you want to pinch them.

"Seonghwa's in his room. Eomma bought some snacks if you want some," he said and took a step aside to let Hongjoong in.

"Thanks, Hyunwoo," Hongjoong ruffled his hair as he walked by.

When Hongjoong reached Seonghwa's room, the other was asleep at his desk, his head resting on his arms.

His hair was pointing up in the back and, upon a closer look, Hongjoong could have sworn he was even drooling.

Seonghwa looked so peaceful that Hongjoong was tempted to leave him there to let him sleep but figured if he was going to let the boy nap he might as well tell him to move to the bed so he could be comfortable.