四十五

__

__

"What is that?" Hongjoong asked, eyeing the plastic bags in Seonghwa's hands as he set them on the kitchen counter.

"Groceries. You can't live off take out forever, Hongjoong," Seonghwa said matter-of-factly.

"I don't always eat take out."

Seonghwa made a mocking face that Hongjoong just barely missed as he turned to put the milk in the fridge, "That's because you don't always remember to eat something so I'm making sure you do."

Begrudgingly Hongjoong helped Seonghwa put the groceries away but he had to admit that he didn't realize how little he had to eat until he saw his fridge actually stocked for once.

The only thing Hongjoong bothered to buy himself was coffee and sometimes eggs.

So long as he had coffee Hongjoong could survive.

"Shouldn't you be buying groceries for you and Mingi?" Hongjoong questioned and shut one of the cabinets.

He gathered all of the plastic bags and tossed them into the trashcan next to the fridge.

"Our mini-fridge has nothing but energy drinks and bottled water because nothing else will fit and you know how shitty the cafeteria food is. Besides, I spend so much time here anyways I might as well help you out," As if making a point Seonghwa flopped onto Hongjoong's couch and made himself at home, sinking down until he was comfortable. Miso lept onto his lap to demand his attention.

"Yah, it's about time," Hongjoong fussed, his lips pouting slightly as he spoke, "You act like you live here or something."

Seonghwa hushed him, "Shh, shh, I just stocked your kitchen."

"I didn't ask you to," Hongjoong sat down on the other end of the couch so that their feet met in the middle.

"Exactly."

Hongjoong sighed.

There was no argument to be made, Seonghwa was only trying to help out as a way of thanks for Hongjoong letting him constantly stay over.

After kneading Seonghwa's shirt Miso finally settled down on his stomach to take a nap.

Hongjoong took in the sight before him: his cat resting peacefully on top of Seonghwa while he looked down at her fondly and gently pet her fur.