四十

__

__

"That's not - I didn't mean it like that," Seonghwa fumbled with his words.

Soobin sat down next to Seonghwa on the couch, his arm automatically wrapped around his waist.

"I'm 'bout to go, are you coming?" He asked, not even noticing Hongjoong or the tension between him and Seonghwa.

(And Seonghwa's heart? It didn't belong to Hongjoong either.)

"Yeah, I'm coming," but Seonghwa wasn't looking at Soobin when he spoke, he was staring directly at Hongjoong.

Soobin leaned in close and kissed Seonghwa's temple, "I'll be back, I gotta find Kai and tell him to crash at Yeonjun's tonight."

As swiftly as he appeared, Soobin was gone, leaving Hongjoong and Seonghwa alone again on the couch.

Hongjoong couldn't handle it - he couldn't handle watching the display of affection and how Seonghwa melted into it, the way they had danced together and Soobin touched him so freely, the way that Seonghwa looked at Soobin and smiled at him.

It was one thing to long for those same things, it was another to know what it was like to be on the receiving end, only to watch Seonghwa with someone else now.

Hongjoong wondered if he would ever move on.

"Are we going to the studio tomorrow?" Seonghwa asked in an attempt to break the tension.

Hongjoong hummed, "If you want to we can."

"We're on a roll, Hongjoong," Seonghwa exclaimed, "We can't stop now."

"Then meet me at six," Hongjoong gave him a small upturn of his lips that Seonghwa returned.

Even if he didn't move on he at least had Seonghwa in his life again.

That alone was enough for Hongjoong.

Hongjoong stood up, "I'm getting another drink, I'll see you tomorrow."

He ruffled Seonghwa's hair to mess it up again and make it stick out in different directions before he went back into the kitchen.

Seonghwa whined and complained as Hongjoong walked away but the ruckus he made still made him smile to himself.

The two girls that had been in the corner of the kitchen were nowhere to be found now.