三十二

__

__

On Christmas Eve Hongjoong woke up slowly.

There was a soft light pouring in from his open curtains, the sky outside overcast.

In his sleepy haze he could see Miso sleeping soundly on the mattress next to him.

He reached out and gently pet her fur and soon enough she began purring, a small rumble similar to an engine underneath his hand.

It was a lazy morning, Hongjoong felt warm under the safety of his blankets, nestled in with them pulled up just over his chin.

He had nowhere to be.

He could stay like this all day if he wished.

It's not the worst way to start off a holiday alone.

He started with a cup of coffee, black, and the low murmur of the television playing in the background.

Miso rubbed herself against his legs as he stood at the stove and cooked breakfast.

He had to be careful not to trip over her, in which he still managed to stumble over her when he reached for the eggs, before she finally decided to leave him be to perch herself up on one of the windowsills.

The apartment had a chill to it so Hongjoong slipped on a hoodie over his t-shirt when he finally sat down on his plush couch to enjoy a small breakfast in the solace of a quiet and lazy morning.

Hongjoong didn't mind it.

He liked being alone, enjoying time to himself to just relax.

His schedule was already busy enough between the various assignments for class, work, and occasionally hanging out with the others.

It was like a sigh of relief to finally have some time to himself.

He took a sip of his coffee, let the warmth spread through him and slowly wake him up.

There was some sort of Christmas movie playing on the tv but Hongjoong wasn't paying it much attention; his mind kept going back to a couple days ago in the record store.

I promise I'll tell you.

Hongjoong realized that as of late he'd spent a lot of his time going over things that Seonghwa had said to him.

Even when Hongjoong was hard at work, finishing up his composition piece, working on homework or sorting through unorganized records, Seonghwa's voice and his words would find a way to somehow sneak into his thoughts.