二十九

__

__

Miso greeted Hongjoong at the door as soon as he stepped inside.

He reached down and scratched her just behind her ears and she nuzzled up into his hand.

She meowed at Hongjoong, reminding him to feed her.

"Alright you little pig," He said with affection as he filled up her food bowl.

Hongjoong would love nothing more than to immediately crawl into bed and sleep off the oddness of his night, but his skin felt dirty and he could smell the lingering scent of the gritty bar on him, a shower had to come before he would feel even remotely comfortable in his own skin.

He slipped out of his clothes and managed to toss them into the laundry basket instead of letting them sit on the floor like he normally would.

The water burned his icy skin but instead of adjusting the temperature, Hongjoong stood under the shower head until he grew accustomed to it.

He ran his fingers through his hair to get it out his eyes and tilted his chin up.

The water felt soothing, it smoothed away the knots in his shoulders and took the feeling of disgust down the drain with the dirt and grime.

Once the water started to cool down, Hongjoong quickly scrubbed himself down, rinsed off, then shut the shower off.

He toweled himself off and stepped out of the bathroom, stark naked.

He'd only been able to afford a studio apartment but even still it was decently sized.

Directly across from the bathroom was his closet, the small hallway opened up to the kitchen and living area, a couch shoved against one wall with the tv in front of it.

On the far side of the apartment was Hongjoog's bed - pushed into the corner next to the window - and a piano.

It was an old one he was lucky enough to come across shortly after moving in, but it hadn't come cheap.

Hongjoong spent the first month cleaning it up and tuning it before he could actually play it.

The white paint on it had began to chip after years of use, it took up a lot of space and the seat that he haggled the previous owner into giving him for free wobbled since one of the legs was shorter than the rest.

It wasn't perfect but Hongjoong loved it.

Still naked, Hongjoong turned off all the lights, climbed into bed and nestled himself under the covers, soft and warm.