二十四

__

__

"Seonghwa," Hongjoong called out to him as soon as they were dismissed for lunch.

"I still need some time, Hongjoong. I'm sorry," Seonghwa apologized.

"No, no, it's okay. I get it, I'm sorry for pushing you," Hongjoong sat back down in his seat and watched as Seonghwa gathered his things and left the room, leaving Hongjoong behind.

__

San's fingers tapped away at his keyboard, "Have you written anything new?"

Hongjoong glanced up from his textbook before looking back down and focusing his gaze on one of the charts near the bottom of the page.

"No. I've got some severe writer's block."

"Let me and Jongho know if you need any help. I'm sure Seonghwa would help, too," San offered.

Hongjoong wished he had the heart to tell San the truth about what happened between him and Seonghwa.

They were friends.

Just friends now.

But it was a struggle to go back to the way things used to be, and Seonghwa still needed time to get over how much Hongjoong had hurt him.

__

Jongho: don't push yourself so hard hwa

Jongho: i know you really want to get into university but you might hurt yourself, take it easy

Seonghwa: (deleted) theres just a lot on my mind and dance is all i know how to do

Seonghwa: thanks jongho

__

"Please be patient with me, I know it's hard not being the way we used to be but I'm trying really hard to just be your friend again, even if eomma still doesn't want me to have anything to do with you," Hongjoong breathed into the phone.

He pushed aside one of his curtains to check the driveway.

No one. Eomma was still at work.

On the other end of the receiver Seonghwa sighed, "I know. I'm trying too."

__