二十六

__

__

Yunho: where are u?

Seonghwa: the hospital

Yunho: oh

Yunho: is he awake?

Seonghwa: no

Seonghwa: i feel like this is my fault

Seonghwa: i told him to call me but when he finally did i didn't even answer

Seonghwa: this is all my fault

Yunho: don't blame yourself seonghwa, jongho said he had already had a lot to drink before he called you

Yunho: its not your fault

__

The next couple of days were a blur. Hongjoong didn't remember much.

He didn't even remember the way that Seonghwa had cried as soon as he set sights on Hongjoong, or the way that Seonghwa held onto his hand as if his own life depended on it, or the way that Seonghwa said he wanted to start all over, that this was his fault, and that he was sorry for letting all this happen between them.

Seonghwa left before Hongjoong woke up.

Hongjoong didn't remember a thing.

__

Guilt ate at Seonghwa.

The others kept telling him it wasn't his fault, Hongjoong had a drinking problem, he was already drunk when he called, nobody could blame him.

But Seonghwa did.

He blamed himself for not answering, he blamed himself for not letting Hongjoong know how pissed he was, how upset he was, how he wanted nothing more than to have Hongjoong back in his life.

The guilt was eroding his insides away.

When he came home from the hospital he cried, Seonghwa couldn't remember the last time he cried over Hongjoong - had it been a few weeks? Months?

It all blurred together.

His chest ached from how much he wanted his best friend back.

If he could have only that, he would be happy.

That was all he needed - Hongjoong back in his life.

But when Hongjoong reached out, Seonghwa wasn't there.

One thing ate at Seonghwa alongside the guilt: why did Hongjoong finally decide to call?

What was he going to say to Seonghwa?

__

"Hello?" Hongjoong's voice was groggy from sleep, his eyes still shut when he answered the phone.

"Hongjoong, you're coming to dinner tonight. I don't want to hear any excuses," Wooyoung's voice greeted him from the other end.

"Woo-"

"No excuses. I'm making your favorite, the least you could do is show up," Wooyoung said before adding in a softer voice, "You know we were all worried about you, we just want to spend some time with you. It's been awhile since we last got together."

Hongjoong sighed, "Alright, alright, I'll come."

__

Three years.

It had been three years since the morning he told Seonghwa they couldn't be together.

Three years since he broke Seonghwa's heart.

Three years since the last time Hongjoong would say he was truly happy.

Three years since Hongjoong lost his best friend.

Two and a half years since they stopped talking.

Two and a half years since they both agreed that some time apart would make it easier on the both of them.

Two and a half years since they started University.

Two and a half years since they started drifting further and further apart.

Two years.

Two years since Hongjoong knew he'd never get over Seonghwa.

Two years since Seonghwa moved on.

One year.

One year since the last time they said something to each other.

Six months since they last saw each other.

Six months since they last occupied the same space.

Six months since Seonghwa started dating Soobin.

A week since Seonghwa told Hongjoong to call him.

A week since Hongjoong did.

A week since Seonghwa didn't answer.

Four days since Seonghwa sat next to Hongjoong's hospital bed, begging for things to be different.

(Three and a half years since either of them last owned their own hearts.)

A/N:

yeppppp..... short chapter but double update do not worry