__

__

Hongjoong's phone went off with a small chime. He unlocked it to find a new notification from Seonghwa, or rather, a picture of Seonghwa holding up a convenience store bag.

In the background Yunho had his arm thrown around Mingi's shoulders and the two were making a face behind Seonghwa, who was smiling brightly.

'We got the ice cream!'

"What are you smiling at, Hongjoong?" Jongho asked from where he sat under the large tree and adjusted his hat.

Hongjoong shook his head and pocketed his phone, "Nothing. The kids are on their way with the ice cream, they should be here soon."

Jongho snorted, "Why do you call them kids? They're not much younger than you."

"I'm still their hyung," Hongjoong argued. Jongho didn't bother to come up with a rebuttal and instead settled himself against the tree.

Beside him San's eyes were closed and his head was leaning back against the tree but Hongjoong could tell he wasn't asleep.

Hongjoong heard Seonghwa before he saw him; a loud, boisterous laugh breaking through the silence that had fallen among the trio.

Seonghwa, Mingi and Yunho came racing up the hill, a large distance between Yunho and the other two. He barely slowed down as he nearly ran into the tree, all but throwing himself against it. He turned to face Mingi and Seonghwa who arrived panting and out of breath but all smiles.

"I won!" Yunho cheered.

"You had a head start!" Mingi accused but Yunho's smile only widened with his giggling.

Seonghwa plopped down next to Hongjoong and spread out on the soft grass. Hongjoong noted he vaguely looked like a starfish sprawled out like that. Seonghwa was still breathing heavily, his chest rising and falling rapidly, his eyes closed and mouth open as he panted.

"Did you bring the ice cream?" San asked.

Seonghwa lifted his hand holding the convenience store bag into the air but didn't make any movement otherwise.

"Here you go," Seonghwa said.

San leaned across Hongjoong to grab the bag and started handing out the frozen popsicles to everyone. Yunho and Mingi had stopped arguing at the offer and sat next to each other across from Jongho. Seonghwa finally sat up and graciously took the popsicle San handed him.