三十五

__

__

Atomic Peach was only accessible by going down a set of narrow stairs lit entirely by electric neon lights.

At the bottom of the stairs was the bouncer who stood just inside the hallway where many people would line up, waiting eagerly to enter.

Behind him the entire room was open, liquor lined the entirety of one wall, with a long, glossy black countertop in front of it that was backlit with different hues of neon lighting that slowly shifted and changed.

The dance floor was three steps lower than the main floor and lounge with a small stage opposite of the bar.

Everything was sleek edges and smooth details, all shades of black and white except for the lights that danced around.

They lit up the large space in shades of pink, purple, blue and green. It was electric.

Hongjoong could feel the bass thumping before he even reached the last step on the staircase, felt it thrum in his veins.

He barely had to flash his ID to the bouncer before he, along with San, Wooyoung, and Jongho, were allowed in.

They were regulars here, coming the third Friday of every month for open mic night.

Sometimes they popped in on other weekends when looking for good alcohol and an even better atmosphere.

It was trendy and often times Hongjoong felt he might suffocate from the crowd, but there was something about the club tucked away in a dingy part of town, with it's modern aesthetic that Hongjoong found enticing.

It was like finding a diamond in the rough.

With the three trailing behind him, Hongjoong immediately went to the bar.

"It's been awhile since I've seen you guys here," The bartender greeted as the small group slid up to the bar.

Suji was one of Hongjoong's favorite bartenders, she was friendly, quick witted with her tongue and had a certain air of cheekiness.

Hongjoong befriended her well into his Sophomore year when he began to frequent Atomic Peach, often times coming alone.

She kept good company and on nights when she could tell that Hongjoong was struggling to make it by, to keep handling everything between classes and work and Seonghwa, she'd silently slide him another glass of whatever he was drinking on the house.