三十一

__

__

As soon as Hongjoong was able to pull himself out of the memory, Seonghwa was focused on typing up something on his laptop.

From where he sat Hongjoong could hear the clacking of Seonghwa's fingers flying across the keys.

Peering at Seonghwa from over the top of his own laptop, Hongjoong watched Seonghwa's eyes move across the page, reading whatever he was typing.

It'd been months - or was it a year? - since Hongjoong had last been so close to Seonghwa.

Being like this, acting like nothing happened despite the tension between them, happened so suddenly that it almost gave Hongjoong whiplash.

There was nothing and now Seonghwa was sitting right in front of him, acting as if they were friends again.

Shouldn't he be home with his family?

"Why didn't you go home for Christmas?" Hongjoong suddenly asked.

Seonghwa looked up at him and shrugged, "Somebody has to look after you."

"I can look after myself," Hongjoong replied.

"I know."

It was the only response Seonghwa gave him before returning back to his work, missing the glare that Hongjoong sent him over the tops of their laptops.

They worked alone but together in a silence.

Neither of them said another word, the only noise coming from the tapping of their keyboards, maybe a sigh or a groan, but no words.

For some time Hongjoong forgot about everything that happened; they were just two people in a coffee shop sitting across from each other, both absorbed in their own work.

The tension had dissipated.

The world kept turning.

Everything was fine, if only for a moment.

Their mugs sat next to each other, empty, only small pools of coffee at the bottom.

The sun had lazily moved across the sky, it shifted the lighting in the shop.

The snow outside had only made the world appear brighter, and whenever someone new entered the shop they brought with them a gust of cold air right before the door shut and the warmth of the coffee shop settled back in.