My Savior

My eyes were suddenly assaulted by the beams of a flashlight.
"What are you doing here?! It's after hours!" Said a voice.
I shielded my eyes with a hand, squinting at the shadow behind the flashlight. "Wha-?"
The figure lowered the flashlight as they grabbed me by the arm and pulled me off the floor, sidestepping the dismembered endoskeletons. "Customers aren't allowed on the premises at this time." They started to drag me by the arm. Was Moon seeing this shit? I looked back; he was nowhere to be found.
"W-Wait, no! I work here!" I protested.
They stopped, letting go of my arm as they turned to face me. It was a blonde-haired woman who definitely looked irritated. I looked at her name tag- VANESSA.
"Ah, one of the full-timers." She huffed in amusement. "Which department?"
"Uh, daycare...why?"
She eyed me suspiciously. "You're nowhere close to the daycare right now." There was a brief pause, and then she remembered something. "Wait, you're the slacker!"
What.
"Excuse me?" I considered strangling her for a brief moment.
"You haven't done any maintenance checks on your animatronic." She explained, walking down the halls. I followed close behind.
"Maintenance checks? This is the first time I've heard of it."
She let out a heavy sigh, unamused. "You haven't been repairing him. You have to check him every couple of days, which you haven't done." She side-eyed me. "I caught the heat for you this time; some mom complained about a loose wire on him." She turned a corner as I pieced together all the information I had been bombarded with.
"Repair him!? I don't know anything about fixing him!"
Vanessa rolled her eyes. Strangling her didn't seem like such a bad idea anymore. "There's a manual, should be easy to follow." She paused, thinking. "I guess I could grab it for you. You're lucky it's on the way back." She took a sharp left and then a right into a small room filled with dusty books. I walked up to one of the shelves, finding one titled SUNDROP & MOONDROP REPAIR. I lifted it off of the shelf, grunting as I clasped my other hand around it; it was heavy. I turned back to Vanessa, who was clearly amused with my struggling based on the smug expression plastered on her face.
"Need a hand?" She mocked in an aloof tone.
"No." I grumbled, shooting daggers. "Let's just get out of here."
She shrugged dismissively, turning back into the hallway. I followed, hefting the weighty manual.
"So," Vanessa started, "how'd you end up in here?"
"I thought this was the way to the laundry room." I lied; I trusted her as far as I could throw her. She scoffed. "Hell of a detour. The only thing you'll really find down here are the decommissioned endoskeletons."
"Then why did you come down here?" I challenged.
"I thought I heard someone talking, so I decided to check it out." She responded simply, her flashlight illuminating a metal staircase ahead of us. I sighed in relief. Despite how much she had gotten on my nerves, I was grateful that she had stumbled upon me. I wonder if Moon would have helped me out of here...where did he even disappear off to?! As much as I didn't want to admit it, I was upset that he had left so quickly.
We had reached the top of the staircase; a rush of relief passing over me as I recognized the familiarity of the main floor. The lights were already on, meaning that I'd have time to talk to Sun about...well, everything.
"Thanks." I mumbled to Vanessa, reaching the doorway to the daycare.
"Yeah, yeah. Don't forget to do the repairs." She walked off, grumbling something under her breath.
Ignoring her, I walked into the daycare, the door slamming behind me.
"Sunny?"

Sun/Moondrop x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें