Off-Limits

I don't know what I was expecting, but I still managed to be surprised; it was simply a pelvis, vacant of anything else.  Moon refused to make eye contact as I looked back up at him.
"Hey, it's okay!" I reassured, somewhat mad at myself for expecting something else. Why would he need a dick, anyway!? He works with kids, for crying out loud! "Let me go find you some pants, and then we can have our sleepover."
Moon nodded, silently picking me up and carrying me down to the main floor.
"I'll be right back." I said before stepping out of the daycare doors, unhappy with Moon's lack of response. Is he really that beat up about it? I thought to myself as I navigated the building.
I had found my way back to the gift shop, at which I not-so-subtly yanked the largest pair of pizzaplex-themed sweatpants I could get my hands on. It's hard to shop for a 10-foot animatronic...but then again, it was more like stealing. I half-expected to run into Chris on my way back, but was met with disappointment when it didn't come to fruition. It's no big deal, I reassured myself; I had hoped to discuss the probability of a virus. It was probably just a fluke with Sunny...
I hoped so, at least.
Moon was sulking around when I returned, barely concealing his sour mood when he noticed me.
"Interesting choice." He commented dryly, looking down at the apparel as he picked me up and took me back to his room.
"Hey, it's all I could find. I don't need you running around naked." I noted, beckoning him closer so I could make sure I got the right size. As I was comparing the waist size of the pants to Moon, I noticed something.
"What's this?" I asked, running a finger along what looked like the faint outline of a hatch on his pelvis.
"Never was able to open it." He muttered, tapping on the area and raising an eyebrow at me.
"Well, maybe it's in the manual-"
"Manual?" He prodded, eyes sparking with interest.
Right, I haven't done repairs with him yet.
"Well, yeah, I use it to do some simple repairs with Sunny in my room."
"Hm." Moon acknowledged with intrigue, deep in thought as he put on the temporary outfit.
"I can show you it tomorrow?" I offered.
"Why not now?" He countered.
"We're having a sleepover?"
"You wanted a sleepover with Sunny." Moon corrected bitterly.
"Wh- no! I wanted both of-"
"Sun wants to see you." He interrupted, walking over to the switch.
Seems rather convenient that Sun wants to see me right this instant. I watched skeptically as Sun shuddered into view.
"My sweet sunbeam!" Sun cooed, walking back over and pulling me into a hug. "What's wrong? And, erm, I didn't know about a wardrobe change-!" Sun gestured down at the ill-fitting sweatpants; although they were the correct length, they were a tad too wide in the waist. As a result, the waistband was constantly slipping down, which required a readjustment by Sun every couple of moments.
"It's temporary, I just need to get your outfit fixed up..." I smiled weakly.
"Ah, how kind of you, Y/N!" he praised, straightening up, "Now, what's with the unhappy mood?"
"It's nothing, I wouldn't want to ruin our sleepover..." I wrung my hands, glancing up at him before directing my gaze to the floor.
"Nonsense!" Sun pulled me into an embrace before falling back onto the bed with a fwump! I laughed as he got himself comfy, at which I rested my head on his lap.
"You can tell me anything, Y/N." He affirmed calmly. I took a deep breath, figuring out how to word it.
"I don't know, I just...want to make sure you two are okay?"
Sun giggled. "I'm fine, sunbeam! I promise."
I wasn't exactly convinced, but it wasn't worth an argument.
"But what about Moon? He just seems upset, and I want to make sure it's not my fault..."
"I'm sure he's not mad at you, Y/N. I know he's grumpy a lot, but he really does have a soft spot for- mmmph!" Sun exclaimed as his hand involuntarily clasped his mouth shut, eyes filled with surprise, then annoyance.
"Apparently he wants us to stop talking." I chuckled, slowly taking his hand off his mouth. Sunny gave a flustered smile before his eyes set focus on my lips.
"Perhaps so..." He leaned forward, pulling me into an embrace as our lips connected.