A Very Minor Meltdown

Looks like I'll be staying the night here.
I rubbed my hands on my face, huffing a frustrated sigh. "This is the last thing I need right now..." I lowered my hands, absorbing the sights and smells of my dingy habitat; a thin layer of dust coated every surface in view. I've been gone for awhile. Thankfully, I didn't have any bills to pay; the money for those came directly out of my checks. Why do I even keep this place, though? It wasn't much in comparison to the room at the daycare. I took a seat on the couch, which creaked loudly. But I won't be living at a pizzaplex forever...right?
I didn't like thinking about it like that; leaving the pizzaplex meant leaving Sun and Moon. I can't leave them.
And tonight, I made a vow to myself.
I won't leave them.
God, I already missed those two; not being able to talk with Sunny right now was killing me. I can't believe he actually loves me! It made my heart skip a beat every time I thought about it, and he hadn't even said it to my face. Much like Moon, he was hiding feelings from me.
Oh, Moon...
I wondered if I'd ever see the gentle side of him. As much of a dick he could be, I was aware of the emotions he tucked away. Maybe he loved me, too...but perhaps it just wasn't a part of his nature to be gentle. No, I corrected myself, He's gentle with the kids. I eventually settled on the idea that he was hesitant to open up to an adult. Even though he said I was an exception, maybe he's still weary...?  That was as good of a guess I could make as I relocated myself to the bedroom.
As much as I needed to clean, I knew I could always save it for some other time. Right now, rest was more important than anything; it wasn't like I'd be around to use my apartment anyway. I stared up at the ceiling after falling back onto the bed, the silence slowly coaxing me to sleep.
...
I had blinked awake in a somewhat panicked state; I hadn't recognized my surroundings with my groggy state of mind. A few seconds passed as my memory returned.
Geez. I mused, I can definitely tell that I've been spending all my time at the daycare. I looked over to check the clock. If I rushed, I'd be able to make it right as the doors unlocked for employees.
And so I rushed. In doing so, I arrived at the pizzaplex within half an hour. I lugged my bags along as I neared the daycare doors. I can't wait to see them! I pushed open the doors, and-
Oh.
Oh no.
The place was an absolute wreck. Every chair, table, and toy was upturned or thrown aside. And this was me viewing the daycare with the lights off, so I could only imagine how much worse it was once the lights turned on. It wasn't negotiable- I'd need to close off the daycare today just to clean up the mess.
And where the hell is Moon!?
"Hello...?" I called out, scanning the dark environment as best as I could.
Thud.
Something landed directly behind me. I felt my skin prickle as I slowly turned around and looked up.
Eyes. Red, angry eyes, paired with taloned hands that firmly gripped onto my shoulders.
"You LEFT!" Moon snarled, his claws digging into me. "Y-You...you..." his voice mixed with Sun's.
For once, Moon was losing the battle, his face contorting into a look of despair as Sunny shivered into view with a miserable whimper despite the lights still being off. His eyes met mine before welling up with tears.
"Y/N!" Sun wailed, crouching down and pulling me close. He sobbed into my chest, his broken hiccups echoing in the room.
"W-We thought y-you...you w-were..." he cut himself off with another sob. "You d-didn't say g-goodbye! We d-didn't even get to have o-our sleepover!"
My heart shattered as I realized my grave mistake. I didn't tell them! Oh my god, I'm terrible. Look at him! He's a mess! I wrapped my arms around him, at which his sobbing deescalated into shaky, sorrowful hiccups.
"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you like that..." The hot wash of shame burned me to my core.
"Don't....don't do that again..." he instructed firmly between sniffles, his arms constricting tighter around me, "Did...you want to leave us...?"
"What!? No!" I was taken aback by the question and the growing pressure from his arms, "uhh...Sun..."
"You were gone for...for so long..." his eyes seemed to glaze over as he stared into the distance.
"Sun..." I wheezed, his embrace becoming unbearable.
"Gone too long."