Red-Faced

Sun turned around, wanting to be done with the conversation.
He can't just walk off after saying that!
"Woah, woah, hold on!" I grabbed his arm, spinning him back to face me. "He wants to kill me?" A cold shudder ran through my body. I was suddenly grateful for how last night had panned out. Sun shifted his weight from foot to foot.
"Well not exactly..."
"What do you mean not exactly?!"
Sun hurriedly shushed me, having noticed some kids turn to look at us.
"He didn't explicitly say he was going to, but he was mentioning some things that...concerned me." He whispered loudly, looking at the clock. "He wouldn't stop talking about punishment...I made him promise that he wouldn't kill you, just in case. He shouldn't do anything like that with kids around, though..."
"Shouldn't?"
Sun grimaced at my response. "You'll be okay, sunbeam," he flashed an enthusiastic smile, but his eyes looked unsure, "Besides, you did just fine last night!"
At this point, it sounded like he was trying to convince both him and I.
It's only an hour, I can handle that...I hope. I watched Sun start pulling out sleeping bags for the kids, placing them in neat rows on the floor. With a sigh, I began to corral the kids to the center of the room. They whined and complained in protest; I didn't blame them one bit. Sun walked back to my side as the children got settled into their sleeping bags.
"Another thing, Y/N."
Fan-fucking-tastic. I looked up at him.
"You'll need to turn the lights off, and don't forget to set the timer for the lights." I was starting to get real sick of these last-minute announcements.
"Yeah, yeah, got it." I could tell from his expression that I wasn't hiding the irritation in my voice very well. "I'm just dreading this." I explained.
"I know, but I'll make sure to take good care of you afterwards." Those words were both comforting and alarming, but I didn't put much thought into it as he pulled me into a hug. "Okay, sunbeam, let's get this handled." I nodded, my face still planted against his chest. He chuckled, slowly letting go. "I'll be back before you know it!" He strode off to his tower, to what I assume was to transform without freaking out the kids. I walked up to the light switch, looking back to soak up the calmness of the room one last time. I turned the light timer to one hour and reached for the switch.
Click.
God, I hated that sound. However, the faint agonized groan from Sun was much, much worse...especially when I realized I hadn't found a place to hide. The jungle gym was across the room, but I might be able to make it if I ran.
Please let me get there in time. I dashed across the daycare, the stillness of the room adding to the silent horror.
Halfway there.
It was still as quiet as ever as I glanced backwards. Moon was nowhere to be seen. My heart soared as I closed in on the massive structure.
I'm gonna make it! I cracked a smile, my hand inches away from the security of the plastic maze.
Oh my god! I-
A clawed hand grabbed my ankle and yanked my leg backwards, making me land on the playmat with a whumpf. I couldn't even get a look at the aberration as he dragged me backwards and upwards, a low chuckle ringing through my ears. I watched the distance from the ground increase as he clambered quickly up the jungle gym, feeling the blood in my body rush to my brain. I couldn't scream, couldn't fight back, nothing; I was frozen with fear. We had finally reached the top, but Moon must've found it amusing to keep me hanging by my ankle. He flashed a sharp, toothy smile with the arm holding me outstretched to get a good look.
"All red in the face for me, starlight?" He let out another raspy chuckle. I was too focused on staying conscious as my eyesight went hazy to give him a reply.
"Don't make me wait." Moon warned.
"G...Gun-na pass...out..." I slurred as my eyes rolled back into my head.