Chapter 31 - Right By My Side.

Start from the beginning

"Sir, we've been on this island for years! We need rescue!" Chresanto begged as he placed his hand on the mans shoulders.

"Please! Send a bigger boat! Send some assistance! Send anything!" Adrianne begged as the men looked at each other, and nodded.

"Well you all no fit.." The second man said.

"We know! We know!" Jacob nodded. "We just need some sort of assistance! Send someone to come back for us!"

"We can take one person..." The first man nodded. "This way, person lead us back here."

"Only one?" Nina asked.

"Yes. No more fit inside here." The second man said. Each of us turned and looked at each other, looking at who we wanted to go first.

"Well, who's gonna go?" Cierra asked.

"I think that we should send Kimberly." Craig nodded. "She's the best resource here, and she's the expert around the whole island itself."

"Agreed." Me, Khamil, and Jazz said.

"No. I think that we should send one of the kids." Kimberly said as she shook her head. "Perhaps Gia since she's the baby. She needs to leave first."

"What?" Jacob said as he clutched Gia close to him.

"Jacob, we need to send Gia to safety." Adrianne said as she slowly turned to him.

"But but...what if we don't find her after this? What if she doesn't-"

"Jacob, you'll find Gia afterwards. I put that on my mother." Rayan nodded.

"What if I don't see her again?" Jacob said as he held her closer. "What if I don't see my daughter again?"

"We will do everything we can to make sure that you and Adrianne see your children again." Kimberly nodded as she looked at Jacob. "I give you my word. I put that on both my mother and my father."

"Oh.....okay." Jacob sighed as he looked at Gia.

The tears were forming in his eyes as Gia looked at Jacob, and smiled as she bobbed her small head around. She spit out of her mouth a little bit as Jacob kissed her on her forehead, and placed his forehead against hers, and began to let the tears flow down his eyes. He hugged her, then looked back at her to give her his final message.

"If I never see you again, I swear i'll jump off of that cliff." Jacob said as he looked her in her eyes. "Another thing that I want you to know just in case I never see you again, is that daddy loves you so much. You be safe wherever you go, alright?"

"gakspdhsh." Gia spat as she giggled at him.

"Okay.....take her........" Jacob wailed as one of the men took Gia, and placed her in her lap inside of the canoe. At this point, Jacob was crying harder than he ever have. He couldn't believe that Gia was being taken away from him.

The first man made sure that Gia was strapped down nice and tight between his legs, as the second man began to paddle off deep into the waters. Jacob was kneeled down as he kept his hands in prayer position, and glanced at Gia as she slowly faded away. Gia seemed happier than she ever have, but Jacob was literally growing weak. Gia was the only thing keeping him sane, and she was his little angel. His better girl. His daughter.

And at that point, Jacob gave up.

He charged at the water as the men continued to paddle away, and lunged at the canoe as he took Gia out. Me and everyone else on the beach gasped as Jacob clutched Gia, and walked back onto the beach. The men looked at Jacob in confusion as they paddled their way back to the beach.