Chapter 58 - Desperate Measures

The favourite part of my day is staying in bed with Jasmine, waking up wrapped in each other's arms

Sometimes I think back to everything that's happened, how we did everything to stay away from each other, and now to ripping each other's clothes off when we're alone.

People call me a monster, but Jasmine doesn't see that. She manages to see through every part of me that I grew up to hate.

If I had lost her a month ago I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

She's currently sprawled across my chest, head tilted up to face me and her beautiful lips parted. She breathes softly, her breath fanning my jaw. I tighten my arms around her wanting to feel her closer than she already is.

"You're squeezing me." Jasmine groans.

"My bad." She lifts her head up and pecks my lips and rolls onto her back, the covers bunching over her naked chest. "Good morning." She yawns, stretching her arms out.

"Morning." She looks up at the ceiling. I wish I could see what's going on her mind right now.

"What are you thinking?"

"About you." She says and laughs and snuggles into my neck and I kiss the top of her head. Her phone rings on the bedside and she reaches to pick it up, Aurora's face pops up on the screen. "Morning hermanita." (Little sister).

"Morning!... where are you?" She furrows her brows.

"In bed... with Vincenzo." Jasmine points her phone at me.

"Hey Aurora." I wave and smile.

"Oh god, you're both naked." She laughs and grimaces. Dante is sitting beside her.

"Dante and I have some news for you!"

"What is it?" Jasmine asks.

"We're having a baby I'm pregnant!" Aurora beams.

"I'm gonna be an aunt." Jasmine smiles.

"The best aunt."

"How far along are you?" Jasmine asks.

"About three months. We're going for an ultrasound today." That reminds me that Elena's baby is due in a month.

So far Luca doesn't know about her pregnancy, and we prefer to keep it that way.

"That's amazing....Have you told papa?" Jasmine asks.

"I'm about to call him."

"Alright. I'm really happy for you Aurora."

"Congratulations." I say

"Thank you. You guys take care. See ya!"

"Bye." Jasmine shuts her phone off and tosses it aside.