Chapter 5- Shots

I take the drink out of Elena's hand and say, "That's enough", with anger

"Bro, what the fuck, give me back my drink!", she protests.

"No. You have had way too much to drink. We're leaving. Now", I demand sternly.

"Vince, give me back my fucking drink or we're not going anywhere", she taunts. Why is she so fucking stubborn. She walks through the crowd to the bar, and I don't stop her. These stupid boys have been eyeing her all night, but she doesn't give two shits.

I sit back in my seat and tilt my head back and let the music fill my ears. But then I feel someone straddling me and grinding against me. I look up to see this blonde bitch staring right at me. "You look tense" she brings her head down to my ear, "I can fix that", she whispers seductively, but it doesn't turn me on. Instead, I grab her and push her onto the seat next to me.

After a while, Elena strolls back into the booth barely even standing. "Ok I think- I think I'm ready to go now", barely even keeping her eyes open, then she falls forward and I grab her before she hits the floor.

"Ok, let's get you out of here. I told you not to drink that much". I carry her in my arms and place her in the car. As I shut her car door, in the distance I see a black van parking behind the club, the back door of the van bursts open the a buch of people came out with snipers on the shoulders and they head straight to the back entrance of the club.

I swiflty take off my jacket and put it in the car, and lock it. I go around the back take out my gun and hide behind the wall and aim it at the men, then I shoot two of them right at the back of their heads. That's when I see more men going through the back entrance of the club. I curse myself for not having any backup. I walk a bit closer and shoot some more of the men. Then I hear the deafening sound of bullets pierceing through the club, screams of terror emerged from inside, crowds of people came rushing out.

I see one man heading for the toilets with his gun aiming at the door, I spin my blade in my hand and send it flying into the man's neck, then I run up and punch him, he then drops on onto the ground with blood oozing out of his neck. I took out most of the men their bodies lay lifeless or unconscious on the club floor.

I see another man aiming his rifle at a booth that was near the end of the VIP section, I run up and tackle him to the ground. But it was too late. He had already pulled the trigger he sent to shots into the booth. I hear a scream coming from the booth then a girl comes running out of the booth then heads out the exit. I check the man that I just tackled for anything, I take a look at his uniform, on his badge he has a symbol of an arrow going through the word 'empire' written in Russian. Fucking Russians I think to myself. I leave the club and head straight to my car. With Elena by my side, I drive back home.

_______

No no no this can't be happening

I see Sebastian lying in the middle of a pool of blood. I'm praying that the it isn't his - how can I when his eyes are shut and his shirt is drenched in crimson with two holes pierced into it. My eyes sting with tears as I run up to him.

"SEBASTIAN, Sebastian. Please... please open your eyes. You're not dying on me today you hear me!", my face is drenched with tears and my hands are covered in his blood. I hold him in my arms and cradle him. He has to wake up. He has to.

I then hear heavy footsteps approaching. I look up and see my father and his brother Alfonzo looking down on us.

"Dad, I'm sorry. I-", I burst into more tears. He pulls me up and gives me a hug

"It's okay Princesa, he's going to be okay, he'll wake up". The medics carry Sebastian out of the club and take him to the hospital. I refuse to leave his side. We arrive at the hospital, and the doctors take him straight into the operation room. My heart beats rapidly against my chest and my mind is crowded with guilt and disturbing thoughts. I see my dad on the phone and I walk up to him.

"Dad. Can I talk to you please?" I ask him.

"I don't want to hear it right now Jasmine. It's better if you just pray for your cousin than talk to me right now". He responds, my eyes well up with more tears right now. He has every right to be mad. Because of me my cousin, my best friend, is lying on a table with bullets pierced into his body. I should never have agreed to go to the club. I should never have left him.

Hours go by and I'm still sitting here waiting for the doctors to tell us something. Anything. I just need to know that Sebastian is alive. Then the door to the operation room open. My dad and I stand up and face the surgeon.

"How is he?" I ask.

"He is well, the operation was successful, we got the bullets out. But he did lose a lot of blood so we hooked him up on some fluids. A nurse will come out and let you know that you can see him".

"Thank god", I look up and say.

Moments pass by, then a nurse comes out and tells us that we can see Sebastian. I run through the doors and stop to see him sitting up on his bed smiling at me. I run up and give him a hug with tears still streaming down my face.

"Nice to see you to Jas", he laughs into my neck.

"How can you be laughing right now, you almost died in my fucking arms. You asshole", I laugh back at him. "I'm glad you're ok. I don't know what I would do if I lost you".

"Me too son".My dad walks into the room, this time he wasn't angry.

"Uncle Allesandro, you have no idea how sorry we are. It was my idea to go to the club, we shouldn't have left the house."

"It's ok Sebastian, it was actually my fault, I should've been there in the morning for your birthday, the you wouldn't have left the house Something came up, that I will explain to you at a later time".

"These are the bullets that they pulled out of me, one from my shoulder and one from my stomach".

"Why are you showing us this?"I ask.

"Look at the design on it", I look at it and see the letter 'e' written in bold with an arrow going through it on the bullets.

"Dad. It's the Russians" I show my dad the bullets.

"Merda",(shit), he exhales brushing a hand through his hair. The Russians have been on every mafia's back for decades, they always want to start a war. But now they've started a whole new one.

If war is what they want, war is what they'll get.