Chapter 46 - Don't Do This

I'm in love with you

I'm in love with you. The words were at the tip of my tongue. But I didn't say it.

What would happen if I did? Would he say it back?  Let me not think about it.

I haven't seen Vincenzo in a few days. Where the hell is he? I walk into the kitchen in my joggers and one of Vincenzo's hoodies but nobody has to know that I stole it from his closet.

It just smells like him and he smells good.

Weirdo.

What?

It's lunch time so Andrea prepared us some pasta again, and that  woman makes some good pasta. All of us are here other than the boys excluding Antonio.

Why won't my dad let me go on a mission, I'm bored.

Maybe because you almost got killed.

Oh yeah. I'm still bored.

"Elena, where the hell are your brothers?" I whisper to her.

"I don't know." She shrugs and looks away.

After a while she says, "Oh look, they're here!"

I look out the window and see three cars pull into the driveway. I run to the front door and look outside again.

"Papá, ¿dónde diablos estabas?" (Dad where the hell were you)

"Princesa. We had something to do." He pushes past me. Vincenzo had already walked inside without looking at me. Why is everybody angry?

I thought that was my thing.

"Lorenzo. What the actual fuck is going on?" He doesn't answer and walks away.

"What happened to Vincenzo?" I ask Stefano and pull his arm.

"Jasmine he's hurt. I wouldn't see him if I were you."

"Why not? How did he get hurt?"

"Just. Please."

"Ok." I sigh. Everyone goes their separate ways and I stand in the foyer with my hands at my hips. "Well." I sigh and look around.

"Jas Jas, Lina stole my tiara."

"Oh shut it Isabella." Lina says. "Hey mami, what's wrong?"

"Something's up. I need to see Vincenzo."

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. He's in hulk smash mode." She jokes.

"I don't care, he's hurt."

"He'll be fine." No he won't.

I walk up to his room and see his door slightly open. I knock and he doesn't answer, I walk to his room and close the door behind me. He's standing with his back towards me, his back is covered in bruises.