Chapter 53 - I Feel Nothing

"Vincenzo, your dad

"Vincenzo, your dad. He's dead."

My heart stops but I don't feel anything. The days that I wished for my own father to be dead have led up to this. Still I feel nothing.

I look up at Jasmine, she's the only thing in this fucking world that I need right now. She scans my face to see if I would react. Am I going to cry? Fuck no. My father doesn't deserve my tears.

Jasmine cups my face and looks into my eyes.

"Vincenzo? Baby? Say something."

"What happened to him?"

"He went to one of your clubs in Vegas, there was a shooting and he got caught in the crossfire... he didn't make it."

"Those shooters did me a favour." I scoff and pace around the room.

"Vincenzo." Jasmine grabs my arm. "Please. I don't know how you're feeling right now. But, please sit down."

"I'm fine."

"No you're not." I don't know what I am right now. Anger washes over me.

________________________

I watch him pace around the room

I watch him pace around the room. I don't know what's going through his mind and I want to help him so bad. "Do you...uh... want to talk about it?"

"No, you know what, it's good that he's dead. That means he won't be around to torment me about every single fucking that I do! Right? He fucking hated me and at some point I deserved it." He's shouting now, his eyes filling with tears which make my eyes sting with my own tears, seeing him in pain. "My father 'loved' me so much that he put a bullet in me like he promised." He says sarcastically. "But it's fine now,right? I can live in fucking peace."

Then he drops to the floor and runs his hands down his face. I crouch down in front of him and hold his head against my chest and he cries.

"Why didn't he love me?!"

"Vincenzo... stop." I stroke his hair, and he holds me tighter. "Shh, it's okay...you're okay." Vincenzo stops crying after a while and pulls away to rest his forehead against mine.