Chapter 63 - The Final Ball

We received the invitation for the charity ball a few days ago, and now we're getting ready

"Another ball." Vincenzo sighs as he puts on his slacks.

"Which the Russians are hosting." I say taking off my robe, giving Vincenzo a full view of my naked back.

I walk over to my dress and take it off the hanger and step into it and tug it up.

"Let me help." Vincenzo says walking up to me. I smile as he adjusts my dress, bringing the satin fabric over my breasts and lacking it around my stomach and tying it back around my waist. He runs his hands across the smooth skin and I let out a shaky breath. "You're tense." He says against my ear.

"I'm fine

"I'm fine." I sigh.

"Tonight's going to go well, ok?" I turn around and lean into him and he wraps his arms around me. "You look." Kiss. "Absolutely." Kiss. "Beautiful." Another kiss. I love this.

"I love you." I mumble.

"What was that?" Vincenzo jokes.

"I love you." I mumble again smiling.

"I didn't hear you." Vincenzo lifts me up and spins me.

"Ok ok!" He puts me down and we both continue laughing. "I. Love. You."

"I love you too." He kisses me. "We got this."

"We got this." I put on my heels and look at myself one my time in the mirror. "Do I look ok?" I ask Vincenzo, titling my head.

"Perfect." He says looking over my body.

"Don't doubt yourself."

"We have to pretend to hate each other tonight."

"Impossible."

"Seriously though. No one can know we're together."

"Right. When I say I really fucking hate you, I mean to say that I really fucking love you."

"Right, and when I say dance with me, you dance with me." I smile. We walk out of our room and head downstairs. Lina and Stefano are both coming with us as Lina's parents have been invited to the ball and Stefano is there as Vincenzo's second in command.