Chapter 51 - Die for you

It's been 6 weeks since I've come back and my shoulder is somewhat healed and I had my sling removed

I can't officially become Capo without my father announcing that he is stepping down and he hasn't turned up in a month.

I take a shower, dry off and put on my shorts, then I walk out of my bathroom and see Jasmine standing in front of my mirror looking like a dream. She's finally mine, and she looks sexy as hell in her red dress that I bought her. Her hair is put up in a bun and she looks up at the ceiling with her eyes closed, she looks tense.

I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her waist from behind, then rest my chin on her shoulder.

"Afternoon mi amore." I mumble.

"Afternoon sweetie."

"You look beautiful." I kiss her neck.

"Hm. Thank you for the dress. I love it."

"It matches your eyes." I smile.

"You look tense, want me to help?" I smirk and kiss her neck and look at us in the mirror.

"I would love that. But we had a meeting." She sighs.

"Why wasn't I there?" I joke.

"Vincenzo." She taunts, yeah she's not in the mood. "The Russians keep blowing up both our shipments and stealing stock. Dante D' Angelo  encountered a few intruders at one of his warehouses and he is pissed."

"Your uncle and his father aren't stopping." I thought I had killed Jasmine's grandfather when I rescued her, but clearly he's still alive.

"No they aren't." She sighs. "Luckily we tracked down some of their fucking shipments and warehouses and they are blowing up right as we speak."

"But that's not what's bothering you." My thumb grazes her wrist feeling her pulse. She turns around. "Jasmine?" I nudged her chin up so she would look at me. "Talk to me bambina." (Baby girl)

"Ew don't call me 'bambina' unless you've been kidnapped, it sounds weird." I throw my head back and laugh and she laughs as well.

"Ok fine. But seriously, talk to me."

"I guess I'm just worried about my mamma, I just want her back safely."

"We will get her back, I promise. Don't stress too much, ok."

"You're right."

"I know something that might help." I put on, die for you- by the weekend, one of her favourite songs, and turn the music a little up then hold my hand out for her, she smiles and rolls her eyes.

I bring her against me and hold her hand and put my other hand on her lower back and we sway to the song. She just looks up and laughs at me while slightly singing the words. She puts her arms around my neck and I put my arms around her waist.