Chapter 19 - 'Home'

I wake up with the smell of argan oil, and it smells so good

I wake up with the smell of argan oil, and it smells so good. And for the first time in a very long time I didn't have a nightmare. I slowly open my eyes and I feel some weight on my chest. I look down and see Jasmine's head lying on my chest, her head slightly tilted up so I could see her and her arm is snaked around my stomach and my left arm is around her shoulders. Her plump lips are slightly parted, her hair is a beautiful mess. She looks... perfect. Vincenzo snap out of it.

I slightly blow on her face to wake her up, her eyes slowly flutter open and I slightly close mine so I could see her reaction to the way she is positioned on me.

She opens her eyes and lifts her head up, she looks around in confusion with her eyebrows furrowed, I open my eyes to look at her, and I can't help but laugh on the inside. Her eyes meet mine and immediately backs away from me.

"What the fuck! Why are you.." She looks so pissed off.

"You came on top of me."

"Shut up!" Then she gets up and heads to the bathroom. Man, I could get used to pissing her off.

I get up and put on my shoes and wait for her to get out of the bathroom. After we freshened up we headed outside. I look at Luca's car that was practically destroyed.

"How far is your safe house from here?" Jasmine asks beside me.

"30 minutes."

"Ok give me a minute." She walks over to the shop. After a few minutes she comes back with some keys in her hands. Then she walks to the motorbike that was parked behind me. She sits down and starts the bike.

"You coming or what."

"Yes but I'm driving." I told her. She doesn't even know where we're going.

"Ugh. Ok." I get on the front of the bike and drive out of the car park.

There are quite a lot of bumps on the road, but I speed over them anyways. Jasmine's grip tightens around my torso, I could feel her nails digging through my shirt. Is she trying to make me bleed?

We don't say a word until I reach the woods to our safe house. I press the horn on the bike, to let them know that we're here. We get off of the bike and walk towards the house. My family walk out.

"Vincenzo." My mother runs up to me and hugs me.

"I'm ok mother. I'm ok'" then she kisses my cheek. Then I hug my father and my siblings. Then Jasmine's family runs out.

"Jasmine, princesa you're ok." He brings her in for a hug.

"Yes dad I'm ok." She smiles, then her father kisses her forehead. Aurora and Isabella hug her as well.

"I'm so glad you're ok." Aurora says.

"Me too."

"Jas jas!" Isabella giggles, and Jasmine kneels down to hug her.