Chapter 57 - Love Conquers All

Any person in my life would be a fool to think that I would shoot the love of my life in the fucking head

I pull the trigger but instantly pull Jasmine by her waist and she collides into me, the bullet goes right between the eyes of the guard that held a gun to hers. I shoot her grandfather in the leg and he stumbles back, everything goes quick.

The walls begin exploding and Jasmine's mom, and uncle are nowhere to be seen.
"Vincenzo!... grenade!" Jasmine gasps and I look at the ground and kick the grenade as it rolls away. It explodes, away from us but we fall back against the ground.

"Shit." I groan feeling my neck. Flames began to light up the room. "Alessandro! Go. Get out of here!" I look at Jasmine and she looks around with wide eyes.

"Not without you two!" He shouts but my view is blurred by flames. He can't reach us from where he is.

"Go! I'll bring Jasmine!"

"Vincenzo!" He shouts and a wave of fire roars across us. Alessandro holds his arm across his eyes.

"Go!" He runs out and I turn to Jasmine.

"Vincenzo." Jasmine coughs. "Your leg." I look down and see a metal beam laying on my leg. I didn't notice that. Jasmine crawls over to move it. "It's fucking heavy!" We move it off together and I can finally feel my leg. The flames grow bigger around us. The floor cracks beneath and I almost drop through but manage to hold on to the edge.

"Vincenzo!" Jasmine cries. I look down at the flames that could engulf me right this second. "Baby! Take my hand!" There's no way I'll be able to get back up.

"Get out of here!." I shout.

"Lo juro por dios, take my fucking hand." She shouts with tears in her eyes. I grab onto her hand and she pulls me back up.

"You guys have to get out of there!" Antonio shouts through the earpiece.

"We're trapped in fire!" Jasmine snarls.

"There's a hole on one of the walls, you can climb out of there." He says.

"Jasmine, come on." I motion her to crawl to me and she chokes and coughs. "I got you." I lift Jasmine into my arms and move her hair out of her face and rips off her vest. "Tuck your face into my neck." She coughs and nods. Her legs tighten around my abdomen and she tightens her arms around my neck. "You're ok."

"Let's... go." I begin walking past all the flames and squint my eyes to see through the smoke. I see the huge hole in the wall and look down, there is an unsteady staircase leading down to the ground.

"Hold on to me ok?" Jasmine's eyes flutter and I grab onto the first metal pole testing it's balance. I step onto the first step and it breaks but I lift myself back up. I manage to miss the unbalanced steps and make it down. Looking up to the top floor of the warehouse, the flames roar out of the gap. We were damn lucky to make it out of there.