Chapter 20 - Wedding?

"A wedding?" I ask, raising my eyebrows

"A wedding?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. How is a wedding going to solve this so-called war with the Russians? It can't be me getting married. I'm soon to be leader of our mafia, it would ruin everything. Who is it?

"How is that going to fix this?" Vincenzo's brother, Lorenzo asks.

"It may not fix this, but it would give us the upper hand. We have arranged for Aurora to marry the heir to the American mafia, Dante D' Angelo." My gaze goes to Aurora, her eyes widened in shock.

"What?" Aurora questions, and runs out of the room. I look at my dad in disappointment. When did he decide this arrangement?

I run after Aurora, she runs upstairs to our room, I see her standing on the balcony holding her head in her hands. She hears me walking up to her and turns around and her face is drenched with tears.

I bring her close to me holding her head against my chest, I stroke her hair and her back to calm her down. "I'm not getting married, please don't make me." She sobs into my shoulder.

"Shh, shh it's okay." I don't know what to say to her when I know nothing.

"It's not, papa can't make me do this."

"I know he can't." He would have least told us before. "Listen," I hold her face in my hands. "I will talk to them to stop this."

"Please. You know how Dante D' Angelo is." I hug her again and she cries into my shoulder.

I've met him a couple of times, and he is as dangerous as people say he is.He is also annoying and way too cocky.

His mafia do things like sex trafficking, they own one of the biggest sex trafficking rings in the world. We obviously don't interfere with that type of business.

The Americans may have a bigger mafia than both the Spanish and Italians, but they're not as powerful as both of us combined. This is probably why we're practically joining forces with the Salvatore familia.

But Aurora is only 20, she's too young to get married, she's always talking about how she wants to find the love of her life and get married to them and live a perfect life. I want her to have that too. That's what our mother wanted.

Soon after my dad walks in, Aurora turns her face away from him.
"Dad, how could you decide this? She's too young. There has to be another way."

"Princesa I know and I am ever so sorry. There isn't another way. This marriage is happening."

"If mom was here, she would have done everything to stop this shit." Aurora blurts out from behind me. Oh shit.

"Aurora. Do not bring your mother into this. I am trying here. Please bear with me princesa." A tear slips down my dad's face. Then my dad explains to Aurora everything she needs to know, while I head downstairs to join the rest of them.

"How is she?" Elena asks me.

"She'll understand." I replied to her.

"Jasmine. Come and eat." Antonio calls from the kitchen table. Andrea prepared some pasta for all of us.

Then Aurora and my dad came down the stairs not long after. We all look at her.

"I'll do it. I'll marry Dante D' Angelo." She looks down to the floor.

"When's the wedding?" I ask.

"In three weeks. We will all be travelling to New York in a couple of days. That way Aurora can get to know Dante, which makes the marriage seem real." Emiliano explains. I look at Aurora who looks like she is going to cry again. This isn't right.

I almost feel bad for Aurora, she shouldn't have to be forced to marry, but there really wasn't another way

I almost feel bad for Aurora, she shouldn't have to be forced to marry, but there really wasn't another way. Well now I guess we're heading to New York.

After we finished having my mother's delicious homemade pasta, we decided that we would all go into the pool. It was almost 6 in the evening so the sun was about to set.

Right now I'm sitting in my room with my brothers. "So you and Jasmine huh?" Lorenzo nudges my shoulder. Oh here we go.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean?" They all think there's something going on between man and Jasmine. I hate her so much that I don't even want to say her name. The rest of the boys look at me.

"All of you need to understand that there is mono thing going on between us. I hate her." They all laugh. I wasn't lying.

"How could you hate her? Is it because she is the only person who can put your ass in place?" Before I could say anything Elena walks into the room.

"What are you guys laughing about?" She's wearing a white oversized dress shirt and shorts with a bathing suit underneath.

"What the fuck are wearing?" I ask her.

"There's no way you're going to the pool in that." Stefano says to her. Especially not near Sebastian, he's a nice guy, but I don't know his intentions.

"It's a bathing suit. You idiots. What else am I going to swim in." Anything but that. "You guys are all practically naked, with your shorts on. So don't come at me. Come on, the pool is ready, and plenty of drinks to go around."

We all head down to the indoor pool. The pool is pretty huge there are blue lights that surround the edges of the pool, there are skylights right above it so it gives a perfect view of the stars and sky above.

We get into the pool with our drinks, but Jasmine and her siblings aren't here yet.

Soon after they arrive without Isabella. Jasmine is wearing a dark red bathing suit with a low v neck, it hugged her curves perfectly. I look like a creep for staring at her right now. Yes you do, stop it. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. God help me.

"You're staring." Stefano whispers to me. Man I could stare at her all day. Ew no stop it. I'm speechless right now.

"What happened, Salvatore, cat got your tongue." Jasmine smirks at me from across the pool. What a bitch.

"Fuck you." I replied back to her. Everyone just laughs.

"Ok enough of this awkwardness . Let's raise a toast!" Elena shouts. I think she's drunk. Sebastian smiles at her. Yeah he needs to stop. "This is to surviving a shootout and Jasmine and Vincenzo coming back to us alive."

We all raise our glasses then take a sip. Jasmine and I stare at each other as we take a sip from our drinks. Putting down her drink she smirks at me again. The things I would do to wipe that seductive smirk off of her face. You just want to fuck her. What, hell no.

What happened to wanting to kill her?

________
Don't forget to vote and comment❤️