Chapter 39

Next chapter is the epilogue!! Y'all might hate me for this one-

Warnings: Violence; pregnancy; major character death; ANGST

The last Vulnerable chapter will be uploaded today.

Thank you, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)

~*~*~*

      (Y/n)'s breath caught in her throat. "I'm...I'm what?"

      Dreadwing and Starscream froze too. Starscream then spoke up. "See? See?! You can't hurt us!"

      Dreadwing looked at (Y/n). "I know you love Megatron, and he loves you. He would have especially loved your sparkling. However, if you continue to defend Starscream, I will have no choice but to devastate myself and our Master."

      (Y/n) thought for a second. "Megatron ordered us to stand down. Believe me, I would love to hurt him as much as you do, but orders are orders. I'm sorry, Dreadwing."

      Dreadwing went slack for a moment, closing his optics once more and putting his gun down. Letting out a sigh like (Y/n) does, he tensed once more, drew his sword, and opened his optics. "I'm sorry too."

      (Y/n)'s eyes widened. "Knockout, get Megatron!"

      (Y/n) switched her blaster for her blade and met Dreadwing in the middle, seeing Knockout run off in the background. Both (Y/n) and Dreadwing fought for power over one another, baring their teeth and dentae at each other. Starscream trembled behind them.

      "This is about Skyquake, isn't it? I thought we had put that behind us!" Starscream tried to reason.

      "So had I!" Dreadwing pushed against (Y/n), forcing her over the wall and pretty much bending back over Starscream to keep Dreadwing from hurting him.

      (Y/n) grunted. "You're not helping, Starscream!"

      Starscream screamed. "Casualties are an unfortunate consequence of war! But I can assure you, your twin met his end with great honor!"

      "Which you disgraced, by raising him from the dead!" Dreadwing yelled.

      (Y/n) grunted again. "Dreadwing...Dreadwing! Let up! The...the sparkling, I-"

      "There must be something I can do! Some form of reparation to alleviate your anguish!" Starscream yelled desperately.

      "Your spark will suffice, as will (Y/n)'s for defending you!" Dreadwing pulled back and rose his blade over his helm, letting (Y/n) get into a proper stance on top of Starscream.

      "Dreadwing!" Everyone looked over to see Megatron. "Stand down!"

      "This desecrator must pay for his actions!"

      "You call this loyalty, Master?! He started attacking even after finding out your-"

      (Y/n) kicked Starscream. Starscream got the memo and shut up. Megatron glared back at Dreadwing. "I said stand down! That is an order."

      "One which I cannot follow." Dreadwing said gravelly, then rose his blade above his helm.

      Starscream screamed and (Y/n) positioned her blade horizontally in front of her face to prepare for the incoming attack. However, it never came. A blast went right through Dreadwing's chassis. Energon splashed all over (Y/n) and Starscream, and the wall around them. Dreadwing struggled for a moment, spitting up some energon.