Chapter 16

Heyy!! I missed you guys!!!

I have to say, I'm changing my schedule, but here, take this chapter (and a chapter from my other fics minus In the Woods) as an apology for being gone so long.

Warnings: None

Thank you, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)

~*~*~*

      Ratchet watched Storm from across the room. The woman was busy overlooking something the humans were doing, her daughter busy on a scouting mission with Bulkhead and Bumblebee. It had been a little bit since their chat about the organization, her husband and Rayne's father, and everything in-between. Rayne didn't know the full story, and Ratchet didn't feel like it was his place to tell.

      Clearing his vocal cords, Ratchet opened his intake. Before he could get anything out, however, Storm caught on to the medic's want. Turning to the sentient ambulance, she gave him a small smile. "Something you need, doctor?"

      Miko was listening with intent, Ratchet could tell because she had suddenly stopped talking. Jack and Raf didn't care so much, they kept playing their racing game. Ratchet nodded and beckoned for Storm to come closer. She obliged, standing in front of the medic. Ratchet spoke in a lower tone. "Have you told Rayne yet?"

      "No, not yet. I haven't found the time, doctor. I will when I'm ready."

      "Well you best be ready soon. I don't have a good feeling about the Decepticons' sudden radio silence..." Ratchet glanced at his monitors.

      "I'm sure you all will handle it. You always seem to do so." Storm smiled.

      Ratchet chuckled. "I suppose you have a point. The Decepticons have lost their footing now that we have Optimus back. Especially seeing that he was Rayne's choice."

      "Yes, I've noticed they're close. I suspected something of them."

      "Are you not happy with her choice, Miss Storm?"

      "No I am, she always picked the good ones." Storm turned and smiled as Optimus walked into the room, gaze distracted as usual. "Her father would be so proud."

      "Yes, he would." Ratchet's optics lingered on Storm for a moment before turning to Optimus as the Prime approached.

      Ratchet thought of Rayne as a daughter, or as much as he thinks having a daughter would be like. He thought of Raf as a son, too, them being the only two humans besides Storm he can actually tolerate. Well, Rayne isn't exactly a human. Ratchet had to remind himself.

      "Ratchet, how is the scouting mission coming along?" Optimus was clearly worried about something.

      Ratchet turned back to his monitor he was working on and typed away, Storm and Optimus leaning closer to the medic, eager to hear about Rayne. Ratchet hummed.

      "Nothing here, guess they're still searching for that energon signal."

      Optimus nodded, then abruptly turned to Storm. "Miss Storm, may I speak with you? It's urgent."

      "Urgent matters? Me? Well, lead the way." Storm smiled and gently climbed onto Optimus' servo, staying silent as she was being carried to Optimus' berthroom. What the Prime had to talk about to her she didn't know.

      Optimus closed the door tightly behind him, setting Storm down on his desk. Storm looked up at the Prime expectantly. Though she was vastly younger than him, she had some form of seniority, being his bondmates carrier.