Chapter 25

Again a LONG one!!! The beginning with Knockout does push a little more techno-organic on you >:)

Warnings: violence; mention of death; death

Thank you, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)

~*~*~*

      (Y/n) stretched next to a sleeping Megatron on the bed, blinking away sleep and the last remnants of a nightmare. She had a nightmare about Breakdown again. It had been almost a week since Breakdown's death, and (Y/n) wasn't feeling too good. Sighing through her nose, she nestled further into Megatron's side, feeling his chassis rising and sinking with each unnecessary breath he took.

      She closed her eyes once again, hoping to catch at least twenty minutes more of sleep before Megatron woke up. She didn't want to think about the war, or Breakdown's death. She just wanted to be with Megatron somewhere.

      "Are you alright?" Megatron's voice rumbled low with sleep.

      (Y/n) opened her eyes and looked up at him. "I'm thinking about Breakdown."

      "So that's a no."

      "It's hard to imagine him gone. He was a friend, and poor Knockout...he hasn't been able to recharge right since." (Y/n) sighed.

      "That's war, dear. It's what we've all had to deal with at some point." Megatron wrapped an arm around her.

      "I know it is, I'm not naive to the horrible events that war brings. I just...wish this war were over." (Y/n) clung to Megatron.

      "As do I." Megatron leaned over and kissed (Y/n). "As do I."

      "Is that why you were so worried about me while I was gone?" (Y/n) fished for some positive words.

      "Of course. I love you, darling. I don't know what I would do without you." Megatron kissed her again.

      That made (Y/n) smile a little bit. "I love you too."

      Kissing again, (Y/n) cradled Megatron's helm. Megatron's sharp digits scratched (Y/n)'s back, their lips working in sync in the growing makeout session. However, all good things must come to an end.

      "(Y/n), I need your assistance with something in the medbay."

      Breaking apart and sighing, (Y/n) answered the comm. "Yes, Knockout?"

      "Remember our last trip to Earth? With Breakdown?"

      (Y/n) stiffened. "Yes, I remember it well."

      "Remember when we trashed the remains of the old base? I recovered some files pertaining to some information...you ought to see what I have..."

      Looking up at Megatron (who was staring in curiosity, he could hear the medic), she answered. "I'll be right there."

      Megatron spoke when she took her finger off of her comm. "Is this a trick to cry on you again?"

      Megatron sat up in the berth while (Y/n) got up and got herself ready. (Y/n) sighed as she put her weapons in her holster. "Easy, honey. Knockout lost someone dear to him. I would be the same way if I lost you."

      Megatron got up and walked to her, kissing the crown of her head. "Let's not think about that. I'm not going anywhere soon, I'll make sure of it."

      (Y/n) hummed and allowed her body to relax against the warlord. "How is your neck wound?"

      Megatron stopped for a second. "Neck? Oh. It's healing. Your side wound?"