Chapter 28

Sorry if the formatting becomes weird later on. I had to edit the indents on my phone. This was also supposed to be posted an hour earlier, but something came up. I'm sorry.

Warnings: violence; Megatron being a little testy but definitely better than the last chapter

Thank you, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)
~*~*~*
      "Sentinel Zeta Prime..." (Y/n) gasped. "Rayne is his granddaughter?"

      (Y/n) pondered for a moment. If M.E.C.H. believed Cybernetic areas had to do with Cybertronian heritage, then that would mean Primes caused Cybernetic joints. William was said to have Cybernetic joints, so Rayne would have to have them too.

      "But then, what the hell does the ribcage mean?" (Y/n) wondered out loud.

      "(Y/n), I hope your file reviewing hasn't led you to turn your comm off. Two parties have arrived back." Megatron said.

      (Y/n) sighed and exited out of the screen on the monitor, then began closing up the files again. "I'll be right there."

      Putting all the files in the box and putting them back on the shelf, she exited the medbay and worked her way back to the control room. Walking in, she saw Soundwave and Dreadwing standing behind Megatron. Walking closer, (Y/n) looked around Megatron to catch the relic in his servos.

      "Ah, the resonance blaster. Crafted by Decepticon scientists for maximum sonic devastation! Soundwave, you have performed admirably." Megatron then turned around, giving the silent mech a nod of approval, but then glared at Dreadwing. "Unlike Dreadwing here, who somehow managed to lose the apex armor to Starscream!"

Dreadwing bowed his helm in shame. (Y/n) did feel a little bad about that, but she wondered how that even happened. And, where was Knockout? He's been gone the longest, surely he'd be back by now?

"However," Megatron went on. "Two more decrypted coordinates remain in play. And I have every confidence that Knockout and I-"

The four turned back at the sound of approaching pede steps. (Y/n) gasped slightly, Soundwave stumbled back and Dreadwing's optics widened. Knockout was storming angrily past some Vehicons at the group.

"Can you believe what the Autobots did to me?!" Knockout yelled, paint terribly scratched up, faceplate scratched up with paint chipped off, and lights and mirrors cracked, along with one of his wheels missing.

"Did you retrieve the relic?" Megatron asked loudly.

"No, Master." Knockout replied, exhausted.

"Then I suggest you convince me of your continued usefulness, by examining Laserbeak, doctor." Megatron glared down at the medic.

(Y/n) then turned to Soundwave, who let Laserbeak off of his chassis. "Something's wrong with Laserbeak?"

Megatron nodded. "When Soundwave and Laserbeak were giving chase to the Autobots Ratchet and Wheeljack, they got separated. When they came back, Soundwave complained about Laserbeak feeling ill."

(Y/n) moved her gaze from Megatron onto Laserbeak. She hoped nothing bad had been done to the poor Cybertronian bird.

~*~*~*

In the medbay, (Y/n) and Megatron stood off to the side while Knockout scanned Laserbeak. Once the scanner beeped, Knockout pulled it away and looked at it.

"What is it?" (Y/n) asked.

"An obstruction of some sort..." Knockout looked.

Soundwave then got up and let Laserbeak off again, and the metal bird opened itself up. Knockout leaned over to check, then screamed. "Grenade!"

Knockout dove on the ground and covered his helm. (Y/n) and Megatron leaned over to look, too.

"Woah." (Y/n) commented.

"That is clever." Megatron remarked. "Knockout, prepare to properly dispose of the obstruction."

Knockout got up, took the grenade hastily in his servos, then ran out with it. He yelped and screamed as he ran, eager to move away from it. Laserbeak strapped himself onto Soundwave again, and the three of them remained.

"Soundwave," The silent mech looked up at Megatron. "If we are to maintain any advantage over the Autobots-"

Megatron was interrupted by the sound of an explosion. (Y/n) laughed, knowing Knockout had dropped it in his haste. Megatron barely looked in the direction of the explosion before continuing to talk.

"Decoding the Iacon database must remain your top priority."

All Soundwave did was nod, and the three walked out of the medbay. (Y/n) was going to find Knockout and inform him of the information she had learned about. She was sure he'd find it interesting, especially if she buffed him.