Chapter 17

I got really tired all of a sudden towards the end

but HEYY I'm back! I hit a bad depression and writers block and am just now getting motivation to write again.

Warnings: talk of kidnapping

Thank you, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)

~*~*~*

      "Mom, can it wait-"

      "Afraid not."

      "I really, really think it can-" Rayne glances to the door a few times.

       "What can be more important than this?"

      "The fact that Megatron is in the base." Rayne looked at her mother and Optimus.

      Storm's smile fell and she grew pale. In her time there, she'd learned about Megatron and the evil he's done. Optimus grew rigid and he immediately left the room. "Storm, you stay in here. Rayne and I will be back."

      "Sorry mom." Rayne rushed out of the room, ignoring her mothers protests.

      Running out to the main room, Optimus saw that Rayne was right. However, it was just Megatron, and he was without (Y/n). He looked...different. "Megatron."

      The gray mech snapped his helm to Optimus. "You're looking well."

      "The same cannot be said for you." Optimus cautiously approached.

      "I know. It is not without cause."

      "No doubt." Arcee mumbled off to the side.

      "Megatron didn't come here to fight, Optimus." Rayne stepped forward, pressing close to the Prime.

      Megatron assessed their relationship. His sharp optics missed nothing - Rayne was Optimus' weakness. But, he'll save that for later. Optimus glanced down at Rayne before looking back up at Megatron. "What is it you come here for?"

      "Help. (Y/n) has been taken."

      "(Y/n)...?" Jack whispered in his hiding spot.

      "Did he just say (Y/n) was taken...?" June whispered in her hiding spot.

      Optimus thought for a moment. "Taken where?"

      "She was taken by a human known as Drew. I doubt any of you know who he is, he seemed to be exclusive in (Y/n)'s early life. Apparently before Rayne, as well." Megatron motioned to the techno-organic next to the Prime.

      "How do you know?"

      "Drew was a human we took aboard the ship, per (Y/n)'s request. I had no idea what his intentions were, as for me and (Y/n)..." Megatron shook his helm. "One day I was looking for her and couldn't find her. I asked Soundwave to track her, and as soon as he told me he couldn't, I went on a ship-wide search. All I found was a comm. Shortly after, it was reported that Drew was missing."

      "How do you know she didn't just run away from you?" Arcee growled.

      "Because I know her better than you might think, two-wheeler." Megatron bit back.

      "Enough." Optimus raised his servo. "Megatron, is there any place you think Drew would go?"

      "Not a clue. We've tried everywhere on the planet, we cannot find her signal anywhere." Megatron shook his helm.

      "If Drew had taken (Y/n), he must be working with someone somewhere. Since Drew was on your ship, he would've known about (Y/n) being a techno-organic. Maybe he took her for that reason."

      Optimus stopped for a moment. "Rayne, go get your mother. I believe there is something she has to explain to all of us."

      Rayne shot him a confused look before turning and booking it to the room. Going back in, she picked her mother up and turned to leave. Storm yelped and began speaking.

      "Rayne! Why are you- where are you taking me?" Storm looked.

      "Optimus told me to get you. Apparently you have something to explain to all of us?"

      "I do?" Storm pondered. "Oh...oh. Yes, I suppose I do."

      Rayne rushed back into the room and placed her mother in the humans' space. Everyone directed their attention to her. Storm felt uneasy with Megatron's gaze on her, let alone everyone else. With a shaky breath, Storm began to explain her late husband's story, starting with his great-grandfather, all the way to when he died from an accident.

      "The story was originally meant for Rayne, but I ended up telling Ratchet and Optimus beforehand..." Storm glanced at her daughter.

      Rayne stared at her mother in disbelief. "Dad was...a techno-organic...?"

      "Yes. I didn't know that's what it was called, and you never showed any signs of being like him...I wanted to tell you in private, but I assume this story is important?" Storm looked over at Optimus.

      Rayne rubbed her eyes. Optimus stepped forward and placed a servo on her shoulder. "Are you alright?"

      Rayne nodded. "Yep. Yeah, I'm alright." Looking back up, she sighed out. "Mom, I'll talk to you about it later. Raf, can you look for D.C.I.C.?"

      Raf emerged from his hiding spot. "I can attempt. Are we really helping Megatron?"

      Megatron's optic ridges were high up because of the story, and how the tiny human popped out from underneath the couch. Optimus turned to him. "Only if he swears to not put us in the same situation as last time."

      "I swear to you, Optimus. I care only about getting her back." Megatron brought his servo to his chassis.

      Optimus nodded. "Then we will help. Rafael, look for D.C.I.C."

      Raf nodded and darted back under the couch to grab his laptop. He situated himself on the couch, typing away furiously on his laptop. Rayne threaded a hand in her hair, looking around. Storm wrung her hands while watching Rayne, she felt horrible for telling her in front of everyone else.

      Megatron glanced off to the side, hoping the human would be able to find some sort of information on the organization, and maybe it could lead to where (Y/n) was taken to. He hoped so, anyway.