Chapter 29

Man I wonder what this fifth relic is

I WOULD'VE POSTED THIS SOONER BUT. I WAS DRIVING AND PREPARING FOR MY LICENSE TEST.

Warnings: uhm uhm your emotional neglect towards yourself; disobeying your husband

Thank you, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)

~*~*~*

      Knockout and (Y/n) stayed in the medbay while Megatron went to address the Insecticons. (Y/n) didn't really have a distaste for them, but she was weary from Airachnid. Nonetheless, (Y/n) had helped Knockout put on a new tire and fix up his lights and mirrors, and was now currently buffing him.

      "While you were gone I searched through the files." (Y/n) commented nonchalantly.

      "Did you?" Knockout asked. "What did you find?"

      "Why Rayne's and William's joints are Cybernetic, and the bot they're related to."

      "Oh? Did you figure your lineage out? Or your ribs?" Knockout asked.

      "No, sadly. Maybe you could take the energon of everyone's status and compare them to mine?" (Y/n) asked.

      Knockout hummed. "Yes, I could do that, once I get fixed up. But, do tell me what you've figured out about Rayne?"

      "She's related to a Prime." (Y/n) whispered.

      Knockout jumped up and screamed. "A Prime?!"

      "Yes! Keep your voice down or I swear I'll turn you into the Autobot scout!" (Y/n) glared. "I don't want this information getting out."

      "Why? This is big. Even if that Prime status isn't passed down through generations, the Autobots technically have two Prime's on their team!" Knockout explained.

      "All the more reason not to tell. Can you imagine what Megatron would do?" (Y/n) stood, looking down at the mech.

      Knockout gave her a look. "You're acting strangely."

      (Y/n) just stared at him, her gaze flicking to the floor for a second. Knockout sighed. "When the ship was down yesterday, did you catch Rayne?"

      (Y/n) blinked for a moment. "Yes."

      "You still...care for her?" Knockout faltered.

      "No." (Y/n) turned around and fiddled with the buffer. "I just teamed up with her for a moment to fix the ship and our fellow crewmates, not to mention our Master and my sparkmate."

      Knockout lifted a brow plating, but said nothing else. "So we don't tell anyone this, not even Rayne herself?"

      "Exactly."

      "How will I get energon, then?" Knockout asked.

      "Claim to be doing a side project, or following up on how everyone is doing. You're a doctor, use it." (Y/n) shrugged.

      Knockout hummed in thought before sitting back down, and (Y/n) went back to work buffing him. (Y/n) worked out the shoulder plating before she was commed.

      "(Y/n), I need you in the control room."

      "Be right there, Megatron." (Y/n) set the buffer down. "I gotta go, Knockout."

      "Wait wait, I need a sample to go off of." Knockout stood and hurriedly got a syringe.

      (Y/n) grimaced, but rolled up her sleeve. Knockout laid her arm on the table, and gently inserted the syringe. Pulling blood out of her vein, he gently pulled the syringe out, then placed a cotton ball over it, taping it to her arm.

      "There. Now you are free." Knockout nodded.

      (Y/n) nodded, thanked the medic and left. Rushing to the control room, (Y/n) felt slightly lightheaded walking in, but didn't allow it to show. Megatron turned and greeted her warmly.

      "Right now the most fierce Insecticon is hunting down the fourth set of coordinates." Megatron explained, showing her the pictures of the Insecticons, the ones he brought with him, and then a picture of Bulkhead. "Currently he is fighting Bulkhead about it."

      "His designation?" (Y/n) asked.

      "Hardshell." Megatron answered plainly. "You man the station here, I must check up with Soundwave. Some of the ship still needs repairing."

      (Y/n) nodded. "Be safe."

      Megatron kissed the crown of her head, a silent promise, as he walked out. (Y/n) turned her attention to the main control, reading the Cybertronian. They were on a desolate volcano, and from the looks of the readings, one of the Insecticons was dying.

      A comm came through the control system. "Lord Megatron."

      "Lord Megatron is unavailable. This is Commander (Y/n)." She answered.

      "The object we seek is Tox-En."

      (Y/n) wracked her brain for any sort of knowledge on it, but nothing came up. However, with the play on words, and disgusted tone of voice, she figured out what it was fairly quickly. "Exactly how much of it is in your possession?"

      "None, Commander. An Autobot."

      (Y/n) furrowed her brow. "Are you not the fiercest Insecticon?"

      Hardshell didn't reply to that, so she sighed and waited. Bracing her hands on the control dash, she continued to stare blankly at the screen. She didn't know how much time passed before something popped up on the screen. Reading it, they were new coordinates.

      "A fifth relic?" (Y/n) murmured, then pulled up a map, typing the coordinates in.

      (Y/n)'s eyes widened slightly as they were set near her old home, in (place, state). More specifically, the woods by her old house. Glancing behind her at the distracted Vehicons, she decided to disobey Megatron for once, and go to the coordinates.