Chapter 9

The Orion trilogy is ending soon though, next chapter or so.

I also just really wanted to write a fight scene between reader and Rayne, and maybe,, maybe flex that I'm an MMA fighter again and that I know what I'm doing,, MAYBE THO-

Warnings: Violence; spitting up blood; cussing; using dog as an insult

Vulnerable updates every Friday and Sunday. If I don't upload on a specific day, check my conversations board. I should have something on there as to why it wont be up that day.

Thank you, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)

~*~*~*

      (Y/n) ran through the ship, one thing on her mind. Getting the Autobots out of the damn mine. She knew what was in there - they were headed for the spacebridge they had been rebuilding under the radar for the past six months. For what, she didn't know, she could only hope that she wouldn't be too late by the time she got there.

       Sliding into the yellow tube right before it descended on the mine, (Y/n) felt the adrenaline rush through her veins. She could only hope the troops are able to hold them off for just a little while longer.

      Arriving in the mine, (Y/n) practically flew through the mine, jumping over fallen troops, averting her eyes from the massacre that previously took place. Her stomach dropped - with how many troops she'd dodged, (Y/n) began to think that they didn't stop the Autobots from reaching the spacebridge.

~*~*~*

      Rayne sat with her arms crossed as Jack went through the spacebridge with Arcee. Optimus gave him the vector sigma, and Jack had to charge it up to get Optimus back. Rayne's skin prickled at the thought, and irony ran through her head. Jack was jealous of Optimus for their relationship, Optimus trusted Jack with the one thing that could save him, that sort of thing.

      Her mother back at base, Storm, had begged her to stay. She still didn't know what Ratchet talked about with her, neither one told her. It bugged her a little bit, but she could handle it after she got her beloved Prime back.

      Rayne's eyes narrowed at the swirling green and blue of the spacebridge, arms crossed and leaning against a small protrusion lining the walkway. Her shorter hair lightly swayed with the air pushing out of the portal.

      Suddenly the sound of a blaster powering up sounded behind them, and Rayne widened her eyes, whipping around to see (Y/n). Her face was scrunched up in anger, finger on the trigger, and pointed right at Rayne.

      "Well well. It seems I've caught myself a bit of the Autobot team." (Y/n) flicked her eyes around. "Where's the femme?"

      None of the others spoke, but Ratchet advanced in front of the portal, prompting Bulkhead and Bumblebee to form a line with him. Rayne narrowed her eyes again and pushed off the protrusion, stepping in front of the assembly line of mechs. "Ratchet, keep the spacebridge going. Bukhead, Bumblebee, guard the entrance. This is my fight."

      "Oh, dramatic. Do I get popcorn?" (Y/n) let out a sick grin.

      Rayne pulled out her own blaster, powering it up and pointing it at (Y/n). "Shut up."

      (Y/n) raised her eyebrows a little. "Well, it seems we have a problem here."

      "I said shut up!" Rayne pulled the trigger, energon bullets flying at (Y/n).

      Powering her blaster down, she lunged and rolled away, powering it up again and shooting at her leg. It burned and a bit of a sizzle sounded out along with Rayne's scream. (Y/n) jumped up and jammed the butt of the gun against Rayne's face, throwing her to the ground. Rayne recovered quickly, kicking (Y/n) in the stomach and shooting her in said stomach.

      (Y/n) stumbled back, and Rayne took the advantage. They were close range, enough to throw powerful punches. Rayne pulled a dumb move and threw her blaster on the ground, and threw her left fist at (Y/n)'s head. Next, she surged forward and planted her left foot on the side of (Y/n), coming in with her right fist and catching her head. Rayne then followed with a swift uppercut to (Y/n)'s liver.

      (Y/n) took every blow in the combo, eventually stumbling quickly away after the liver shot. Coughing, she spit blood on the ground, then looked up at Rayne, glaring through her (bangs/lashes if you don't have hair), lip split gloriously. She wondered if it would scar over.

      "So, the dog  has learned some new tricks..." (Y/n) spat out, blaster forgotten on the floor, left hand over her liver.

      Rayne stood there, daring her to do anything with her narrowed eyes.

      "Well," (Y/n) wiped blood from the corner of her mouth. "I guess this is the game we're playing."

      Surging forward, Rayne barely had enough time to block (Y/n)'s knee, resulting in Rayne flying back from the impact, coughing herself. (Y/n) didn't think this was enough, so she once again surged forward, but Rayne seemed to be prepared.

      Rayne threw a hook, but (Y/n) bent her knees and leaned into it, effectively dodging just under it. Throwing her own hook, (Y/n) caught Rayne's liver. Then she threw another, and another. After the fourth hook, (Y/n) pushed herself away, sneering at Rayne. She looked like she was going to throw up.

      The girl panted and did eventually throw up. It was too much for her system to handle at once. (Y/n) grinned, seeing Rayne weak. Turning to the other Autobots, (Y/n) let her grin grow as they tensed. This should be easy.

~*~*~*

      In the bridge, Soundwave approached Megatron. Megatron seemed to just sense his presence, which no longer phased the silent mech. "Yes, Soundwave?"

      Looking over his shoulder, Megatron saw Orion's current search on Soundwave's visor. It was an old full body picture of him at the start of the war. The name listed was Optimus Prime, role was Leader of the Autobots. Megatron growled under his breath.

      "Even our encryptions couldn't keep him from the truth." He angrily turned back around. "Orion has much to accomplish, and he will stay the course, even if I must inflict great pain to ensure project Iacon."

      Soundwave said nothing, but the brown eyes in the shadows started to come up with a plan, keeping as silent as Soundwave.