Chapter 19

OH BOY HERE WE GO!! MEGATRON FIGURED IT OUT!!!

Also umm I thought M.E.C.H. had a name for their acronym, but I found out that wasn't true. SO I literally gave D.C.I.C. an official name for no reason lol but, the headcanoned acronym I got was from OmegaTaco Supreme on the tfw2005 forum. OmegaTaco, if you read this, you're amazing and probably inspired a whole bunch of TF writers <3

Warnings: Bumblebee gets fucking yoinked (WHY IS THAT SO FUNNY); uhh Bumblebee gets depression (STILL FUNNY KKSJHDJK); uhh I think that's it

Thank you so much, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter!

~*~*~*

      In her ramblings, Rayne hadn't noticed that Bulkhead had gone with Bumblebee per Optimus' orders. It wasn't until Optimus' booming voice rang out that she noticed both mechs were gone. Both Rayne and Megatron snapped their attention to him.

      "Ratchet, get the berth and your scanner ready. Bulkhead is reporting something wrong with Bumblebee!"

      "On it, Optimus!" Ratchet turned and moved to the other side of the human's hangar, rolling out the berth and typing away at the monitors.

      Optimus then began typing into one of the monitors Ratchet had previously abandoned, then flipped a switch for a groundbridge to open. Bulkhead drove through, but Bumblebee only ran through. Rayne quirked a brow. Bumblebee didn't seem too injured.

      Rayne stepped forward. "Bumblebee, on the berth!"

      Bumblebee looked for Ratchet, then walked over and laid on it. Ratchet checked him over for any injuries before pulling out his scanner and doing a full body on the yellow mech. Whatever Bumblebee was saying, Rayne couldn't focus on it. Her one-sided conversation with Megatron made her mind zone to (Y/n).

      Raf ran to the railing of the hangar. "You can fix Bumblebee, can't you?"

      "Bumblebee was hit pretty hard. The stun blast may have fried his T-cog." Ratchet calmly explained to the child, pointing something out on one of the monitors, then continuing his scan.

      "Is that like a T...bone?" Miko asked.

      "Not exactly," Arcee answered. "It's the organ that allows us to scan vehicles and transform."

      Before Raf could say anything else, Ratchet's scanners beeped. "By the allspark...Bumblebee's T-cog isn't damaged, it's missing."

      Optimus, Bulkhead, and Arcee all gaped in surprise. Megatron narrowed his harsh gaze even more, beginning to connect some form of dots. Rayne and Storm cringed. Jack left his mother's side in their hiding spot, despite her quiet protests.

      "But the Decepticons transform too, why would they steal that?" Jack asked.

      Everyone looked at Megatron. He shook his helm. "We have no need for the scout's T-cog. If my soldiers had a mission to take one, I would not have come here."

      "If the Decepticons aren't behind it, then who is?" Raf mumbled to himself.

      "The ones who cannibalized Breakdown." Bulkhead growled.

      "And tried to gut me." Arcee noted.

      Megatron connected more dots. Breakdown being captured by humans, the two-wheeler apparently also being captured, Storm's story and Rayne's origin, it could all be the same people who took (Y/n)?

      "M.E.C.H." Ratchet sneered. "And it would appear that their knowledge of Cybertronian tech has grown more sophisticated."

      "But why would they want Bumblebee's part?" Raf asked.

      "It's obvious they're getting bolder with their experiments. Just how many organizations are out there that know about Cybertronians?" Rayne commented.

      Bumblebee sat up and ignored Rayne, buzzing out lowly instead. "Just wait till I get back out there. Those T-cog stealing afts!"

      Optimus stopped him. "Bumblebee, please. You are not presently equipped to handle this."

      Bumblebee scoffed. "So what, I'm supposed to just sit back, useless now because I lost something vital?"

      "You are mistaken, my friend. I do know what it's like to lose a vital part of oneself, and as a result, I know the value of putting one's strength in those around you. We vow to do everything in our power to make you whole again." Optimus promised Bumblebee.

      Megatron felt his faceplate squishing into a scowl at how soft Optimus was with the young scout. The softness between them made his spark ache and his servos clenched into fists. It felt so unnatural for him to be around, and he hated it.

      "And if not, Ratchet can just make you a new cog thing! Right?" Miko exclaimed.

      "I...no!" Bumblebee whirred, then sat down defeated on the berth.

      Miko mumbled, "What did I say?"

      "Miko, a T-cog is a biomechanism, not a scrapyard find. If it were that easy, don't you think I would've replaced Bumblebee's voice box by now?" Ratchet argued.

      "Oh, yeah, great! Bring up the voice box! It's always the voice box! What else can go missing?! I'm just a useless bot now." Bumblebee rapidly beeped, whirred and clicked.

      "You're not useless, Bee!" Raf exclaimed.

      Bumblebee seemed to just ignore him. Rayne felt saddened by that. Bumblebee didn't deserve this - no bot did. Rayne didn't have a T-cog, but she knew if she lost one of her own organs, well...actually that would be a whole different story for her.

      "Right. I say none of us transforms until Bumblebee's T-cog is back!" Bulkhead smiled.

      "Your spark is in the right place, Bulk, but I don't think now is the time to be limiting ourselves." Arcee countered.

      "Not with M.E.C.H. using Bumblebee's T-cog for their own sinister purpose." Optimus narrowed his optics.

~*~*~*

      Megatron exited the groundbridge, transformed and flew off. He commed Soundwave and told him to search up the names D.C.I.C and M.E.C.H. When he got to the ship, and back into the control room, the warlord approached Soundwave.

      "What have you found?"

      Soundwave brought up a screen. Scrolling through its contents, he stopped at a particular spot. Throughout countless confidential documents, the only bit that linked both, was described in a single sentence. "The organization underwent a name change. Instead of Distant Computational Investigation Corporation, they are now known as Mechanized Extraterrestrial Containment Headquarters."

      "D.C.I.C. and M.E.C.H. are the same. They're the ones who recruited that rat of a human to take (Y/n) away from me. Soundwave, find their base, make it your top priority." Megatron glared at the screen.

      Soundwave nodded, and a different screen showing a map of the world popped up instead. Megatron turned and walked off. As the clacking of keys got more distant, he mumbled to himself, "I'm coming for you, my dearest (Y/n)."