Chapter 31

This is a little check-in with reader after the whole Drew thing...I was gonna have a Rayne part to this, but Rayne and Drew didn't have anything outside of "hey, I hate you for taking her" "oh sick cause I hate you for replacing me" so I didn't see a point.

Anyway!! I got my license and drove on my own for the first time today! That's why I didn't post this earlier. I also got lost-

Warnings: Talk about major character death, slight lime at the end

Thank you, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)

~*~*~*

      (Y/n) wasn't the same for the next week. A dead stare into space. Hardshell ended up not getting the Tox-En, and she was pretty sure he was dead. Dreadwing's overbearing loyalty to Megatron prompted him to tell him where she had gone. Megatron went to find her once Soundwave alerted him, and he was originally angry. But, when he found her crying in the hallway, it was immediately replaced with worry.

      When they got to their shared berthroom, (Y/n) clung to Megatron and cried way past the point of her eyes being sore. Yes she hated how Drew turned out, but in the end he was just a brainwashed kid looking for truth and stability in his life, even if it meant following what his father ordered him to do. Plus, he had been her friend for a long time.

      Megatron soothed her to the best of his ability, after hearing the whole story, minus her realization that she still cared for the Autobot. He refrained from showing his anger, fearing it would only make things worse. She was allowed to rest for two Earth weeks, and Knockout visited her every day, both willingly and per Megatron's request. As much as he wanted to, he couldn't always be there.

      That's when (Y/n) heard the berthroom door open. Her back was facing it, and she didn't care who walked in. By the sound of their pedes, she figured it was Knockout. He paused before approaching with caution, trying to be quiet.

      "I'm awake." (Y/n) croaked, voice raspy with a mix between sadness and disbelief.

      "Good. I brought you some more energon, and a report of new findings." Knockout answered, putting a servo on her shoulder. "Which, there are none."

      (Y/n) sat up and gently took the energon cube, sipping on it. "Anything else?"

      "You really should work out again. It could help you get the tension out." Knockout comfortingly rubbed (Y/n)'s shoulder.

      The soothing touch made tears well up in (Y/n)'s eyes. "Yeah...maybe."

      The image of Rayne standing there with her blaster pointed to Drew flashed in her mind again. (Y/n) stopped herself from choking on her energon. "Thank you, Knockout. You can leave if you want."

      "I know it's hard, but eventually you have to learn to let him go. The things he did to you late in life...it's not right." Knockout messed with her hair a bit. "I know you wanted things to turn out different...but they didn't, and damage has been done. This is war, sweetspark."

      "Everybody keeps telling me that. I just wish this fucking war would end, I'm tired of the loss." (Y/n) took another sip of energon.

      "Then I suggest getting out of this berth, putting on a brave face, and getting back out there. Eventually, I mean. This war won't move faster without it's Commander, (Y/n)." Knockout offered a sympathetic smile.

      (Y/n) nodded and stared at her energon, the blue hue creating a soft glow. "Thank you, Knockout. I plan on getting back in a week."

      "The sooner the better." Knockout soothingly rubbed her back.

      "Well Knockout," A third voice said from behind them, making them both turn and see Megatron. "I didn't know you had such concern for anybody but yourself."

      "Don't be mean, he's helping me out." (Y/n) mumbled, taking another sip.

      Megatron then nodded respectfully at Knockout, silently dismissing him. Knockout got the hint and said his goodbyes before leaving. Megatron stayed still for a second before speaking. "I'm tired of the loss, too."

      This made (Y/n)'s throat lump. She didn't want to think about it anymore, but right now it's all that ran through her head. "I hate that I'm thinking about him more than when I thought of Breakdown after he died."

      "From what you've told me, you've known Drew for many years. Longer than you've known Breakdown." Megatron approached the berth and sat at the edge. "Do you feel any better today?"

      "A little. Guess I'm starting to accept that he's finally gone." (Y/n) noted before downing the rest of her energon, placing the cube on the ground, before moving herself into Megatron's lap.

      "It is a process," Megatron wrapped his arms around her frame. "But in the end you'll be okay."

      "I'll never get over it." (Y/n) laid her head against Megatron's chassis.

      "No, you won't," Megatron confirmed. "Just like how you and Knockout will never recover from Breakdown's death, or anyone else's death for that matter. They've been ripped away and they're not there to comfort you."

      (Y/n) sunk further into Megatron's grasp. "I hate it."

      Megatron kissed the crown of (Y/n)'s head. "I do too."

      Megatron's kisses trailed down the back of her head, then her neck. (Y/n) began to relax, then drew circles into Megatron's chassis. She reached her head up, stopping Megatron from kissing her, and began kissing Megatron on the neck cords. He hummed.

      "Right now?"

      "No other time." (Y/n) mumbled.

      Megatron nodded and maneuvered them so he was on top of her. "I'll be softer this time."

      (Y/n) once again clung to Megatron.