Chapter 27

I MADE THIS SHORTER FOR Y'ALL KSHJKDS

Also last chapter, the episode it was on (Flying Mind) is my favorite episode in the second season. Idk why lol

Warnings: mention of character death; knockout trying to hide his depression through being funny; Megatron being really angry for literally no reason like wtf babe

Thank you, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)

~*~*~*

      The next day, everybody who was somebody gathered in the control room. Soundwave and (Y/n) remained closest to Megatron. Holding her arms crossed over her torso, she turned to Megatron as he spoke.

      "Dispatching multiple units to all coordinates will enable us to pursue all four sets." Megatron bragged.

      "Lord Megatron," Knockout announced himself, walking up to them. "I assembled the mining detail you requested for the first set of coordinates. Breakdown and I enjoyed previous success retrieving Iacon relics. In memory of my dear Breakdown, I intend to do the same again. Might I suggest one thing, however, is that Commander (Y/n) comes with me."

      (Y/n) smiled softly and empathetically at the medic. She opened her mouth to agree, but Megatron stopped her.

      "Don't be a fool. Your Commander will not leave this ship today." Megatron stalked closer to Knockout. "This is a mission. Not one of your racing excursions. Stop your preening! Move quickly and urgently with a surgeon's skill! Do you understand me, Knockout?!"

      Knockout chuckled nervously then stepped back a few paces. "Explicitly, Lord Megatron."

      "Now since the unfortunate loss of Breakdown has left you rather...vulnerable, you will require appropriate support." Megatron spat, referring to Knockout being upset with (Y/n).

      Megatron looked up, and Knockout turned around to find a huge Insecticon behind him. (Y/n) grimaced. She knew he wouldn't like that. Knockout once again chuckled nervously.

      "Are you sure that the Commander can't come with me?"

      "I'm sure." Megatron narrowed his optics at Knockout.

      "How very...repellent." Knockout grimaced, then glanced at (Y/n).

      (Y/n) offered a sympathetic smile. "It'll be alright, Knockout. Look, he already seems to like you!"

      The Insecticon drooled from its mouth, mandibles clicking together in a cute way. (Y/n) walked forward and patted the Insecticon on the side. "I know it's not Breakdown, but he'll protect you. It's just one mission."

      Knockout sighed and nodded. "If you say so."

      And with that they left. (Y/n) then turned to Megatron. "Why can't I leave the ship?"

      "Both times you have, you have been captured." Megatron answered plainly. "If I were to lose you once more, I'm not sure how much longer I could go on."

      (Y/n) glanced to the ground. "Well I don't appreciate how you talked to Knockout. He's not Starscream, you know."

      Megatron sighed. "I have to be strict or I will be thrown off my throne."

      "Be too strict, and you'll be thrown off your throne." (Y/n) crossed her arms over her chest.

      "Says who?"

      "History."

      Megatron stopped, and just turned back to the main controls. The Vehicons around them murmured, hushed by Dreadwing. The sergeant approached, awaiting his mission. Megatron seemed to know, and began speaking.

      "The coordinates indicate that the second of these four Iacon relics, lies at the very bottom of this world."

      "I will journey to the ends of this, or any world, to serve your will, Lord Megatron." Dreadwing bowed.

      (Y/n) tried hard not to cringe.

      "Then return with my prize, and prove you are more worthy of being a sergeant, than those who preceded you." Megatron turned and kept his optics narrowed at Dreadwing.

      Dreadwing then left, and (Y/n) sighed. "Well, if I'm not allowed off the ship, then I'm going to go review some files."

      "Where?" Megatron asked.

      "The medbay." (Y/n) called over her shoulder.

      (Y/n) strode out of the control room, annoyed that she couldn't go on a relic hunt. This was war, there are going to be hostage situations. Think back to when Megatron was dead...don't you think he felt that way when you were a hostage at M.E.C.H.?

      Sighing to herself, her rationality always won her over. Megatron was just being cautious about his sparkmate. It was only a week or so ago that the whole Airachnid incident happened, anyway. It's understandable.

      Walking into the medbay, she searched the shelves until she found a box filled with all of the M.E.C.H. files Knockout stole. At least Knockout is able to steal important things. Not like they were going to be caught, of course, seeing as it was now their abandoned lair.

      Dragging out the giant files, she opened some up. The x-rays were put in a neat pile. The sight of her Cybernetic ribs made her shiver slightly. Sifting through the other pictures, she found Knockout was right, and eventually came upon a full body x-ray. That proved that only her ribs were Cybernetic.

      Setting those down, (Y/n) turned to the other files. They weren't labelled, which made it extra hard to find specific information. However, she didn't want more information on herself, she was trying to look for more information on Rayne's father, and she lost herself in the sea of pages and information.

~*~*~*

      What felt like hours passed and all (Y/n) could find, was information she already knew. William was a medically-made techno-organic, his genetics passed down through Rayne. However, it was still unclear how (Y/n) came to be one. She assumed it wasn't medically made by some organization, but who knows. Pulling out the document from before, where it talks about different parts being Cybernetic, she placed that on top.

      Pulling more out and skimming through them, she stopped when she saw William's name again. Reading carefully through it, she read aloud to herself.

      "Records never confirm the name of the Cybertronian who sired William, but they show a description. He was a majority blue mech with gold details and red spots. His helm looked as if he wore a blue crown and had a blue goatee, and red lamb chops."

      Putting the papers down, (Y/n) turned to the monitor. Rushing to it, she typed furiously into the databases. Scrolling through the database, she found a mech that accurately matched the description. Turning back to the file, she snatched an old picture of the withered faceplate of the mech, and held it up to the picture in the database.

      (Y/n) was able to see that they were of the same mech, just different statuses of his life. Looking at the name, her eyes widened even more. Her mouth hung open, and she read out his name...