Chapter ten: Teams

Start from the beginning

You can't fight the fact that they were similar.

"What about you, Son of Pluto?" They turned to look at me, waiting for an answer.

"I...I think that we need to win fair and square. No tricks." Bryce snorted.

"Where's the fun in that? They should pay for--." Bryce's cruel rant was interrupted when the sky began to darken.

"What now?" Ethan asked. The clouds funneled and a rainbow...type....thing hit the ground. When it cleared, my eyes widened.

The funnel cloud didn't last any longer that about five seconds, yet a large, golden chariot was sitting there. There was weird engravings underneath it, and they didn't look English. Or Greek. Or Italian.

"What in the name of Pluto...." Octavian muttered. It wasn't long before Spider-Man of all people came skipping out.

"No way!! He actually listened!! Thanks Thor!" Lifting up the chariot ends with ease, he started to carry it away.

Of course, Ethan and Octavian had to speak up.

"HOLD UP!!" Spider-Man paused for a moment.

"Yes?" Both stormed up to him.

"This is cheating!! And it's unfair!!" Ethan said. Even through the mask I could tell he was frowning.

"How this was unfair. It's a gift from a God, technically speaking, which I think demigods of all people would understand? It would be rude of me not to use it, really.
Like a sign of disrespect or something." Personally I thought they were gonna back down after the whole gift thing, but I guess not.

"This gives you an unfair advantage, mortal scum." Thunder rumbled across the sky and I raised an eyebrow.

This was going to end well.

Bryce, Alabaster and Michael all ran over.

"I'm sorry, what did you just call me?" Spider-Man asked, glaring at the two of them.

"Look hero, I suggest you send this back from wherever it came from before we make it." Bryce said, his dark eyes glaring at Spider-Man. The Spider was either gusty or an idiot, because he glared right back.

"And I suggest you brush up on your godly manners before someone gets a crash course." He snapped back. I smirked slightly.

Yes, this was amusing me.

"Spider-Man. Gentlemen." Agent Koenig. I remembered him.

Octavian quickly pointed at Spider-Man, who still had his hands on the chariot.

"He's cheating!!" He accused. Agent Koenig raised a suspicious eyebrow.

"And how exactly is that?" Bryce pointed to the chariot. Koenig looked at Spider-Man.

"Gift from Thor?"

"I believe so...yes. I'm assuming it is I mean." Koenig turned back to the guys... gentlemen... my team...ugh. No idea what to call them.

"I'm afraid that Spider-Man is not cheating, and that you guys are just a bunch of morons who are afraid of losing. The chariot is a gift, and being children of the gods yourselves, I would think you would understand what happens if you ignore gifts from the gods. If Thor wants to lead his chariot to a mortal is favors, that's his choice not ours." Octavian growled, and he and the others stormed off.

I chuckled and started walking away. Maybe if I...

"Di'Angelo!!" I paused, then sighed. So close Nico. If only you had shadow-traveled.