C H A P T E R 6 3

— • —

Chapter 63: Acceptance II

"Your Majesty......." With numerous documents in both hands, Qing Chu shouted out to Banyue. With a weary expression, Banyue, who had been looking down at the tea in a daze, turned to face Qing Chu. "How many are left?"

"There is still so much paperwork left, Your Majesty Jing Lin." Qing Chu replied, putting down the paperwork on Banyue's table.

However, Banyue just took a glance at the paperwork and continued staring at the tea in a daze. A moment later, Qing Chu heard Banyue ask, "When will I be able to go out?"

Since Banyue had just been crowned, Qing Chu knew that although it was against the laws, he truly wanted to leave the Sun Palace and locate Xin Yue. Before he could leave the palace, he had to learn the responsibilities of the Sun God and put his father's skills into practice. However, the elders wouldn't have predicted that Banyue would become proficient in his father's abilities so quickly. But the paperwork was getting in the way of him.

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty." Qing Chu simply said, "You still can't go out of the Palace unless you finish the paperwork."

Then, a servant summoned Qing Chu, saying the Elders were requesting her presence; Banyue clenched his jaw and leaned back on the chair. Before leaving the Sun Palace, Qing Chu gave Banyue an excuse, leaving Banyue alone himself. Raising his gaze to the bustling workers below, he flung open the balcony's drapes. Banyue saw a figure in shadow behind the drapes on the opposite side of the balcony just as he turned to return to the room.

Banyue's palm trembled; as long as he lived, he would never dare forget whose silhouette it was. He had always known. In the space of a few seconds, Banyue had crossed the balcony and was greeting the person whose back was to him by pushing aside the curtains. Suddenly, he felt warm, soft lips against his. Banyue's left foot lost balance due to the unexpected kiss, causing him to fall to the ground while the person on top of him held onto his lips tightly.

After a long moment, the person withdrew his lips from Banyue, sitting properly on top of him and staring down at him with a smile, "I fucking miss you."

It was none other than Xin Yue, with her large, soft purple eyes that gleamed like brilliant amethyst, her delicate, thin lips that never failed to crack a lovely smile, and her long, blue hair that resembled the night sky. Banyue's face and ears both turned scarlet, and he was dazed and dazed, not know what to do. With a smile on his face, Xin Yue helped him stand up so he could get his sense back.

"I........" Banyue's gaze immediately lowered as soon as Xin Yue pulled him up, his lips slightly trembled as he spoke, "I'm sorry———"

"Shh." Xin Yue put his index finger on Banyue's lips to cut him off, "You've been greeting me for a long time and that's what you will say?"

"Ah..." Banyue straightened and spoke again, "I'm sorry———"

Xin Yue sighed and patted his head, "Whatever. Just sit down, sit down."

Sitting down in the chair, Banyue displayed a nervous expression, as though Xin Yue was reprimanding him as a child. He had always thought of Banyue as a calm, icy person, so seeing it didn't seem sorry at all; rather, it was such a sweet sight. Before speaking, Xin Yue took a seat on the table and exhaled. "I am the one who should be sorry."