C H A P T E R 2 4

— • —

Chapter 24: Divine Trial Part 1

The large group of gods walked directly towards a massive golden hall that had a small white arena situated in its central area. Xin Yue trailed behind them, unsure of where exactly the Trial was going to commence. He looked around, scanning his surroundings, and noticed a young manservant who was occupied with arranging small slices of cake on a jade plate.

"Hey, kid!" Xin Yue called. The young manservant raised his head and looked at the surroundings to find the person who called him. Xin Yue waved his hand and pointed at himself until the young manservant shifted his gaze at him.

"Yes, My Lord?" The young manservant asked, walking straight in his direction with a smudge of cake icing on the corner of his chin.

"Do you know where's the registration of the Trial? I'm kinda lost here...." Xin Yue asked as he scratched his head.

The young manservant tilted his head in confusion and replied, "My Lord doesn't know the places around the Heaven Realm?"

Seeing that the young manservant was looking at him with a suspicious gaze, Xin Yue averted his eyes to fish some words for a reply, "I........" He pursed his lips before he continued to reply, "I just descended from the Heaven Realm so......"

The young manservant seemed to understand so he nodded with a reply, "I see... The Heaven Realm is big so newly ascended gods were always lost. The registration is on the opposite way, just go left and you will find a room filled with new generation gods and a guard that will list their names."

Upon receiving the young manservant's help, Xin Yue grabbed a slice of cake and followed the instructions given to him. As he made his way past the long hallway to the left of the hall, he was met with a multitude of young people dressed in luxurious clothing. They possessed godly appearances, handsome and beautiful features, and strong muscular bodies. Their auras radiated a strong divinity, which made them appear quite intimidating.

Xin Yue scowled at himself. What use am I here?! You can do it, my ass! I'll never get to the top three! Just looking at them makes me think how useless I will be if I participate in the Divine Trial! Fuck....Although Xin Yue is often perceived as an aggressive and mischievous person, he struggles with low self-esteem and confidence when faced with intimidation. However, deep down, Xin Yue recognizes that shying away from challenges and obstacles without even attempting to overcome them will never lead to success. In his twenties, he confronted and tackled all the challenges and obstacles that came his way without hesitation, regardless of the outcome. Xin Yue believes that progress comes from taking a step forward, regardless of the possibility of winning or losing.

Xin Yue possesses special talents of persistence and endurance when it comes to overcoming obstacles. Even if he lacks strength or knowledge, he never gives up and keeps trying until he succeeds. If he fails once, he tries again; if he fails twice, he tries again; and if he fails multiple times, he still keeps trying until he finally succeeds. These two traits are what keep him moving forward until he reaches his goal.

As the young gods were busy enjoying their time together, a man with long, loose black and blue hair walked past them. He had a slender and tall physique, unlike the other muscular and manly figures around him, which caught everyone's attention. The gods couldn't help but stare at his back while whispering to each other.