C H A P T E R 5 1

— • —

Chapter 51: The Lunar Essence

Without striking up a discussion, Xin Yue and Xin Wangji began the training. They both understood that Xin Yue's divinity needed to be trained, and that getting to know one another would be dangerous for both Xin Yue and others around him. Xin Wangji straightened up and took a quick look at the two silver bracelets that Xin Yue was wearing. "The Lunar Essence must have accepted you earlier."

While Xin Yue was working on keeping his emotions steady so he could appropriately regulate his divinity, he turned to face Xin Wangji and peered down at the silver bracelets he wore. "Ah, this... A glowing bulb thing suddenly went inside my mind and started talking nonsense then this bracelet appeared."

Xin Wangji continued to frown slightly as he gazed at the two silver bracelets, as though he was bothered by something. Xin Yue laughed as he saw him looking at his two silver bracelets. "I can't remove these even if I tried many times. After these bracelets appeared on my wrists, it couldn't get out of my body anymore, as if it were right there in the beginning. But thankfully  it was not uncomfortable and these bracelets feel natural on my hands."

Xin Wangji shifted his gaze at him and sighed, "Never mind. Continue training." With a shrug, Xin Yue took a decent seat and closed his eyes, meditating. He was just going to carry on with his meditation when he felt a chilly sensation pierce his skin behind his back. "This time, I will try pouring my divinity inside you and you need to control it and try to mix it in your body." Xin Wangji spoke behind him as he pressed his both palms even more, "Don't worry. Even though we have different kinds of divinities, it will be fine because we came from the same blood and womb."

"Okay..." Xin Yue answered. He let the chill to seep into his body and attempted to disperse it. However, nothing materialized after a while, and Xin Wangji's divinity persisted in his back.

When Xin Yue opened his eyes, he seemed to be holding his breath for a while. He turned to face Xin Wangji, who was looking at him blankly, and he giggled nervously. "Sorry, I can't control it..."

Xin Wangji sighed again and sat beside him as he pondered, "You... How did you use your divinity at the divine trial?" Xin Wangji asked.

"Oh, that...." Xin Yue put his hand on his chin and murmured with a low 'hmm', "Actually, the Lunar Essence inside my body gave me a suggestion to use my divinity since I can't control it well. He said that I just need to use my imagination and my powers will respond to me."

"I see." Xin Wangji replied, "As you can see, we, the children of the Moon God are destined to succeed in the positions of the Lunar Phases. Xin Zianzi, the Moon God's eldest daughter succeeded the Full and New Moon, I, the second son succeeded the Half Moon, Xin Chunling the third son succeeded the Gibbous Moon and you, as the fourth son succeeded the Crescent Moon."

"I understand that but..." Xin Wangji pouted his lips and rested his chin on his knees, "Why would we succeed in something valuable? Shouldn't it be overcome by a trial first before we succeed it? Yet we easily succeeded those Lunar Phases as soon as we are born..."

"It seems that you didn't know." Xin Wangji said, "Our Mother, the Moon God, was cursed by the Sun God and lost half of her power. And because of that, the elders and also the Ancient Gods who were concerned for the Moon God ordered to establish a procedure that was the Lunar Phases. The Moon God was ordered to meet different kinds of capable men Gods in the Heaven Realm to make a competent offspring that would take the position of the Lunar Phases to bring back her lost powers."