C H A P T E R 2 8

— • —

Chapter 28: Divine Trial, Part 4

The black tortoise stood in the center of the dimension, its head transformed into a light violet phyton snake, as was its tail, hissing and looking around for prey with its blood-red eyes. As soon as he saw the massive phyton entwined by the snake, Xin Chunling raised his eyes. He lowered his hand as he lifted and sipped his tea. "A demonic Xuanwu?"

"Mmn." Xin Wangji nodded beside him, staring intently at the rectangular glass that was portraying the battle inside the dimension of the trial. Xin Chunling rested his hand on his chin and spoke, "Xuanwu is one of the constellations in our Heaven Realm, and it represents wrath. How come that one of the Guardians of the Stars has a demon replica?"

Xin Wangji replied, "It's possible to make a replica. If two demons are compatible with each other, they can combine themselves and make themselves stronger. But they can't copy the true power of one of the Guardians of the Stars. They can copy a bit of it, but it's still dangerous."

Xin Chunling sighed as he stared at the rectangular glass with a pitiful expression. "The high priest increased the difficulty of the first round. Will they even be able to pass the trial?"

Xin Wangji also lifted his tea beside the table and sipped it as he replied, "We'll see."

"The young ones are running away!"

"What are they doing?! They are missing the chance to defeat the demonic guardian!"

"Are you stupid?! Our divinity is not unlimited, so it's a good decision to run away first!"

"But if they retreated at a time like this, the demonic guardian would take its time to grow even stronger by absorbing the excess demonic aura around it!"

"Didn't you see what happened earlier? The young one's attributes are not working on the demons! So they should come up with a plan first."

A loud explosion was heard inside the dimension, causing the rectangular glass to shake slightly. The entire audience was stunned as they watched a large cloud of smoke cover the entire body of the black tortoise. The wide, thick smoke was brushed away by the black tortoise's tail after a moment, and it let out a roar mixed with a hiss. The black tortoise twisted its long head in an attempt to locate the person who had suddenly attacked it.

Another explosion exploded, this time aimed at the black tortoise's face, just as it was about to roar again. The gods who were watching were astounded to see that the black tortoise had been damaged by the explosion. Its left eye was now bleeding.

"HOW COULD THIS!---------"

"WHO DID THAT?! WHOSE GOD IS IT?!"

"DID THE PEARL WATCHERS FOUND WHO THAT PERSON IS?!"

"LOOK AROUND THE GLASS! THE PERSON MIGHT BE SOMEWHERE!!!"

"THAT WAS SURPRISING! WHAT KIND OF WEAPON IS IT?!"

"TO THINK THAT SUCH A WEAPON WOULD DAMAGE THE PHYTON SNAKE'S STURDY SCALE LIKE THAT....."

"LOOK! THERE'S SOMEONE RIGHT THERE! AT THE EXIT OF THE WEST FOREST!"

A man on a gleaming silver deer galloped straight at the black tortoise. When the man turned around, his long black and blue hair was only visible through the rectangular glass, which drew Xin Chunling's attention. He remembered exactly whose hair it was, and he had only seen one person in the world with hair like that. Xin Chunling opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. He was speechless at what he was witnessing, and his eyes yearned for more.