C H A P T E R 3 3

— • —

Chapter 33: Battle Arena, Part 4

( A/N: This part is a flashback so don't be confused. Enjoy reading everyone! )

"Hmm... Qian Lian Jiejie is taking so long..." Mei Tengxui murmured as she sat on the stone bench, watching the spring trees sway in the breeze. Her tiny hands were fidgeting as she grew impatient after learning swordsmanship from Qian Lian.

Mei Tengxui stood up after a while, her robe rustling in the breeze as she strolled around the garden. She was on her way to the main temple when she noticed a loud rustle on the other side of the garden. Mei Tengxui was a curious child who frequently checked and inquired about things she did not understand, such as Qian Lian's swordsmanship.

Curiosity drove the girl to take a step forward to the other side of the garden. Her tiny feet made light footsteps, as did the constant rustling on the other side of the garden. Mei Tengxui was just outside the gate when she heard a scream from the other side of the garden. She immediately panicked and opened the gate aggressively to check on the person inside.

"Are you okay?" Mei Tengxui asked as she gasped for breath.

In an instant, she noticed a girl lying on the grass, her face pale and her mouth slightly open. As she lay on the ground with her eyes and mouth open, her beautiful and bright eyes had become dull and lifeless. Mei Tengxui's knees trembled as she walked forward in the direction of the girl. She placed her palms on the girl's chest and infused her with spiritual qi.

"Qian Zuan jiejie..." Mei Tengxui exclaimed as she attempted to heal her with her spiritual qi. Her emotions were volatile, and she struggled to control her divinity because divinity requires a stable mentality as well as stable emotions.

"Wake up, Qian Zuan Jiejie," Mei Tengxui said, pouring more spiritual qi on her. Because of her faint breathing and moving eyeballs, the girl named Qian Zuan was still alive. Qian Zuan's gaze moved to her, and she stared at her for a long time. Mei Tengxui sobbed as she attempted to pour more spiritual qi on her and called her name. Qian Zuan's mouth twitched, and Mei Tengxui's worried expression softened and gradually transformed into a relieved smile.

However, Mei Tengui's smile vanished when Qian Zuan's twitching mouth curled into a sad smile. She slowly lifted her weakened hand, drew Mei Tengxui closer, and whispered in her ear, "Thank you for trying to heal me."

The spiritual qi within Mei Tengxui became even more unstable as a result of her sudden outburst. The healing energy instantly transformed into destruction, penetrating Quan Zuan's chest. Blood gushed from her chest and splattered all over Mei Tengxui's face, down to her lovely pink robe with green and gold accents.

Mei Tengxui's eyes had shrunk in horror at what she saw, and she lowered her gaze to her trembling small hands, which were now covered in thick red blood. Her spiritual qi was so out of control that other gods all over the Goddess of Spring's temple territory noticed the unusual divinity in the air, and Mei Tengxui as well as Quan Zuan's lifeless body were seen on the spot.

"Goodness!"

"Blood! There's blood! Someone help!"