C H A P T E R 5 5

— • —

Chapter 52: Demon Realm Part 1

( A/N: This is a flashback so don't be confused guys. Enjoy reading! )

The village was filled with the crackling noises of torches hanging from buildings, and the moon, which was already bright in the night sky, could be seen clearly. The village was little, barely large enough to accommodate more than five or six households. Starving youngsters lay on the ground, their breath steadily growing shorter as they gazed in a stupor at the adults who were moving and speaking. The river in the village was almost completely dry, and the farm's vegetation had all dried up.

"I told you that the chicken was ours! You bitch! Bring it back to us!"

"I sold it! How can that be your chicken if it was just strolling around the houses?!"

"You wrench! Because of you, we won't have any food again! Screw you and your son!"

"It's not my fault! It's because you're too stupid!"

Beside his mother, who was arguing with another woman, stood a small youngster. The little child clutched at the material of his mother's garments, enduring the other woman's curses, his disheveled long hair obscuring his small face and his undernourished body. His mother and the other woman argued for a long time before his mother decided to return to their modest hut and leave the woman alone.

"Tch! How dare she claim a wandering chicken?! Banyue, if you encounter people like that, don't try to be deceived by them! Humans are all evil!" His mother said as she went inside the small hut, bringing out the six to eight breads that she gained by trading the chicken to others.

The young boy named Banyue stared at his mother as he tilted his head, "Then, Mother and I are also evil?"

His mother stopped and turned to face her child, who was staring at her with a small, innocent face. She stroked her son's face and tried to put a smile on her face while shaking her head. "No, no, of course not, my son. We're different from them. We are not... We are not evil, okay? Don't think like that."

"Okay....." The young boy slowly nodded.

"Banyue, you are so sweet!" His mother hugged him tightly and patted his head, "Even if we have no good house, clothes, and delicious food, we must be happy no matter what happens. This Mother is always by your side, and will always be. I would never leave you, okay? I will never leave my sweet son." His mother said with a sad smile on her face.

The boy did nothing but stare at his mother till they went to the little table and began eating the hard bread, which at least somewhat sustained them for the next three days. To keep them warm at night, his mother concealed the final seven loaves in a box, and the little child walked outside to get firewood. The young lad climbed into the mountains and picked up any random herbs they could use. Eventually, a different youngster who was more attractive than Banyue emerged in the middle of a flower field that was blossoming in the moonlight.

With his long, free hair that was rustling in the wind, the boy's mixed black and blue hair gave the impression of a night sky. The other lad turned to look at the young Banyue as he inadvertently dropped the firewood on his arms, staring at him with awe. The young Banyue had never seen anything so exquisite in his life; the boy's purple eyes gave the impression that they belonged to a Collinsia heterophylla that was exquisitely flowering at night.

The young boy was startled as he looked at the dazed young Banyue. His plain white robe fluttered as he ran towards Banyue, and before Banyue could react, the boy grabbed him by the shoulder and said, "Oh my, are you okay child? Why are you looking like this? You look thin! Did you eat? Here, you can have this." He then gave Banyue a pouch of moom cookies and smiled warmly. "You can eat it as much as you like. You can also share it with others."