C H A P T E R 1 2

— • —

Chapter 12: The Marvelous Yong'an Empire; Inside The Fengxian Brothel Part 3

"Haaa......i......I'm thirsty....."

Xin Yue wiped the sweat dripping down his forehead with his sleeves as he and his companion continued their climb up the mountain. The large, tall building ahead seemed close, but as they journeyed closer, it became clear that it was much farther away, much like how the moon appears close to us all yet is quite distant.

Feng Xin handed him a small leather bottle of water and Xin Yue immediately drank it. "Brother Yue, we should have paid for a carriage to go to the Fengxian Brothel."

Xin Yue paused, excess water dripping down on the corner of his lips. He turned around to face Feng Xin, mouth slightly open.

"YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD ME EARLIER!!!!!" Xin Yue growled.

Feng Xin immediately panicked and fished for a reason while wandering his eyes everywhere. "B-But Brother Yue c-continued to walk so I thought we were...... saving money......"

OH MY FUCKING GOD! I FORGOT THAT CARRIAGE AND HORSES EXIST IN THIS WORLD EVEN WITHOUT VEHICLES! I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!!!! Xin Yue thought while pulling his hair and kneeling like an idiot.

"B-Brother Yue?" Feng Xin called in bewilderment.

"A-AHEM!!!" Xin Yue stood up and lightly slapped his face to get a grip on himself. "Whatever! Let's just walk so we can save money."

"Y-Yeah." Feng Xin took a step forward and followed behind him.

A sound of a galloping horse and a carriage passed in their direction, the coachman on the front took a glance at them and proceeded to lightly whip the horse with a faint guilt written on his face. Xin Yue assumed that the person inside must be a spoiled or strict noble who was also curious about the opening of the Fengxian Brothel.

Xin Yue just shrugged and continued to climb up the mountain and Feng Xin silently followed behind him while looking at the surroundings. The carriages were seen from afar beside the entrance of the Fengxian Brothel and countless people wearing luxurious clothes were gracefully stepping down the carriage.

Xin Yue arched his brows at them and continued to walk straight to the gate. Since Fengxian Brothel just opened, the people who work inside must be lacking customer service like janitors, waiters, and chefs so they will have an advantage if they apply. They have no house to return to and they can't just keep on traveling and sleeping everywhere so they can also ask for a place to sleep, even if it's just as small as a cart.

Xin Yue stood in the line and Feng Xin still followed him from behind, hugging his cloth bag while looking at the crowd with an anxious face. The guards at the gate checked every belonging of the nobles to make sure that they were not bringing weapons with them and that they wouldn't be able to harm the prostitutes.

In the Yong'an Empire, the prostitutes are respected unlike in the other empire where prostitutes are regarded as the lowest of the low. Because the first generation emperor made an empire edict called Pingmin Pingdeng ( Plebeian Equality ) prostitutes should be treated the same as how they treat their loved ones and should never disrespect them in any way.