C H A P T E R 1

- • -

Chapter 1: The Village Was Raided; Sudden Reincarnation Part 1

Yu'er awoke gasping for air, frowning as he realized his body was still intact and there was no blood around him. He exhaled a sigh of relief and glanced at his phone--

"What the—where is my phone? Am I robbed? Why didn't they put me in a hospital? Where is this?" Yu'er pondered as he rummaged through the small house.

"NURSE!!! NURSE?!!!" Yu'er yelled, still searching the table, boxes, and other places for his bag and phone.

Shit! I just received my pay! And my phone was only purchased a month ago! Where the hell is it?!

"IS THERE ANYONE THERE?!" Yu'er exclaimed once more.

A few moments later, a young woman dressed in an old green robe appeared, followed by the sound of footsteps. "Brother Yue? What's wrong? Why are you shouting?"

Yu'er frowned at her and stood. "Are you the nurse here?"

The young woman tilted her head in confusion. "N-Nurse?"

"I mean the doctor."—Yu'er.

The young woman gasped and looked at him with concern. "Brother Yue, do you need a doctor? Are you hurt?!"

Yu'er clicked his tongue in annoyance and shook his head. "Nevermind—have you seen my phone and bag, Miss?"

"P-Phone?" the young woman was confused.

"TSK!" Yu'er frowned at the young woman and returned to rummage at the things inside the house again. "You're useless; go away. I'm asking you a question, and you're asking me back?! What bullshit!"

"H-HUH?!" the young woman said in shock. She took a few more steps to enter the small house and also rummaged through the things to help Yu'er. "I'll help you, Brother Yue."

"Suit yourself. I take back what I said that you were useless," Yu'er replied indifferently.

They rummaged all the things until the whole house got messy after a long time. Yu'er let out a groan in frustration and stood up, his head feeling dizzy from all the searching. "Whatever, I'll just go home."

"But, Brother Yue, this is your home."

"Huh?"

"Huh?" the young woman also spoke in confusion. Yu'er massaged his temples and frowned. He sat on the small bed and pondered for a long time. "Okay. Hey, Miss."

"Yeah?" the young woman replied anxiously.

"Who am I?"

"Brother X-Xin Yue," my name is still the same.

"Where is this?"

"The village is at the top of the highest mountain."

"What day is it?"