C H A P T E R 4 2

— • —

Chapter 42: The Chaotic Intrusion Part 1

Xin Yue awkwardly lifted his gaze at Banyue who was just staring at him with a slight smile on his face. Because of the deafening silence, Xin Yue couldn't take it anymore and spoke, "Banyue, why are you here?"

"I've come to get you." Banyue simply answered. He glanced at Xin Yue's wound on his arm where the droplet of the snake's blood landed and gently touched it, "Does it hurt?" Banyue asked.

Xin Yue tilted his head stared at his wound and replied in a daze, "N-Not. I can't feel anything."

Banyue didn't reply and bent down to rip the hem of his luxurious black clothes. Xin Yue just stared at him in bewilderment and watched Banyue wrap the ripped fabric on his wounded arm. "Let's go," Banyue said as soon as he finished wrapping the ripped fabric on Xin Yue's arm.

"O-Okay..." Xin Yue followed him from behind.

The two walked out of the dark pathway without saying a word. Xin Yue pursed his lips and fidgeted his fingers behind Banyue with a lot of thoughts spinning inside his mind. Gaaaahhhh! This is so awkward! Where is your thick-skinned personality back in the modern era, Xin Yue?! Why are you fidgeting like a bitch behind him?! Disgusting asshole! Wait..... What do i say first?... Have you eaten yet? Are you alright? How have you been? What are you doing these past days? Are you busy or———

"Xin Yue, we'll go up. Hold onto me."

"——Are you thinking about me!!!!" Xin Yue glanced at Banyue with a dazed expression. Ahh... How embarrassing... I loudly shouted what was inside my mind. I should fucking bury myself right now. "Yes, uhh what? What is it?" Xin Yue asked with an idiotic expression. Fuck! How embarrassing!!!!

"I think about you most of the time."

".....Huh?" Xin Yue glanced at him with his eyes opened wide like an owl. Banyue stared at him and replied, "You asked if I was thinking about you——"

"NO! THAT'S NOT!——" Xin Yue covered his face with his hands and screamed in embarrassment inside his mind, "Ah, are you thinking about me? That's great! M-Me too! Sometimes..." Xin Yue replied to Banyue as if nothing happened.

Will this work? Just act normal... Act normal..... Banyue just stared at him and didn't respond which made Xin Yue sweat to nervousness. After a while, Banyue stretched out his hands and grabbed Xin Yue's waist to pull him closer to him, "Hold on to me."

"A-Ah." Xin Yue nodded and leaned closer to hug him without hesitation.

Banyue's lips curved as he stared at him. Xin Yue who was busy looking around the dark pathway shifted his gaze at him with a bewildered expression, "Aren't we going up?"

Banyue nodded and held Xin Yue at his waist to support him from falling. All of a sudden, two big black wings emerged out of Banyue's body that surprised Xin Yue. There was also a black and red halo at the top of Banyue's head that caught Xin Yue's attention, Banyue bent down while holding onto Xin Yue and spreaded his wings wider, the both of them flew upwards with an insane speed and they went out of the hole in an instant.